Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so Dave? We talking losing his spot in the team or Schneiderlin is going to pass it over him to Rom?
Yes. He's very direct. Control > look up > knocks it long downfield/wide downfield...usually out wide.

Long downfield was Koeman's signature move at Feyenoord; wide downfield was Koeman's signature move at Southampton. We should expect that here. The days of building up moves and attacking in numbers are over.

Williams needs somebody speedy alongside him. He looked more exposed when he and Jags were playing together.

This back 3 system seems to suit him too and it must be brilliant for Holgate playing alongside him.
This is absolutely true. When we had the bad run, we were almost exclusively playing a flat back four with Jags and Williams and they both looked ropy. Williams is a far better player when he doesn't have to play facing his own goal. Holgate and Mori (I know there is a cohort on here who hate him, I don't see it) are both quick and give him that freedom.

"Not in it this year tho are they.Leicester are.

He went solely for the big bucks...dont think anyone in sport could have predicted the season Chelsea are having.
And last year they were as bad as us....dirge."

Leicester won't be in it next season, Chelsea will be. Chelsea also stand a far, far better chance of being in it after next year as well.

It wasn't solely about the money. Chelsea is a better and bigger club than Leicester in every way right now. I'm honestly shocked more of their team didn't get off. Kante looks the sensible one right now.
Again no one could have predicted it.

Ok...in the summer before a ball is kicked

If he was on 20k pw at Leicester.
Chelsea offer him 50k pw
Everton offer him 100k pw
Where do you think he'd be playing mate ?

...and the same principle should have been applied to Besic when considering Schneiderlin.

I understand your broad point mate, in terms of priortising positions, but if you take it we added Schneiderlin and removed Cleverley we are stronger.

If you have aspirations from 1st to 6th its not about the starting 11 its about the squad the stronger the squad and depth the better chance you have.

Yes. He's very direct. Control > look up > knocks it long downfield/wide downfield...usually out wide.

Long downfield was Koeman's signature move at Feyenoord; wide downfield was Koeman's signature move at Southampton. We should expect that here. The days of building up moves and attacking in numbers are over.

Sound. The last few years made me really dislike passing for the sake of passing football.

I understand your broad point mate, in terms of priortising positions, but if you take it we added Schneiderlin and removed Cleverley we are stronger.

If you have aspirations from 1st to 6th its not about the starting 11 its about the squad the stronger the squad and depth the better chance you have.
Removing Cleverley and adding Davies...and then adding someone like Sigurdsson would have made us stronger. This just makes us unbalanced.

I think your reply is in that quote there mate .

You say nobody could have predicted the season Chelsea had and that they were dirge and obviously Leicester were champions . Just for clarity Chelsea were fourth favourites to win the league this year after the Manchester clubs and Arsenal at about 13/2 and Leicester were 28/1.

Kante went to Chelsea for a number of reasons and I'm sure the money and London living were at the heart of it but it's not like the lad went to Burnley .
Burnley wouldnt be doubling his wages mate.

Well, Barkley has been key in our recent good form playing in a 3-5-2.

Schneiderlin will replace Barry.

Barkley will be in the team, either as the third CM or as the CF/No.10

So far in his two short cameo appearances I haven't seen much of that myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back