Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not against removing dead wood and reinvesting the money on quality. Would be a more viable business plan something like spurs.

Problem is we have seen evidence of when our big players go the money squandered (Bolasie Williams etc)

We have to get the summer window spot on or we will struggle to close the gap.

The money brought in by lukaku's sale (Who has still not signed a contract lol/ neither has ross but isn't a priority as manager has given one to barry)

needs to not be wasted on wingers who don't score and assists or GK' who are worse then Tim. Or old men defenders short term.

That's an opinion thing though. I liked most of what I saw from Bolasie, what happened was terrible, and really rate Williams. It's not just Koeman that has helped our defence look better. There's nothing wrong with a few short term signings either, as long as they help the club get to where they want.

I do have Lukaku fear though like you.

We play in a different way. We play Mirallas up front. We change formation , we adapt.

I am not disagreeing with you about signing another striker, we do need cover for Lukaku, I would guess that the manager is well aware of where the squad needs strengthening, but maybe the player he wants isn't available in this window and he won't settle for less(nsno).

Of course, Calvert-Lewis is a striker and should be back in another two or three weeks.
Not ideal though is it? Play a midfielder or a lad with almost no premier league experience as our attacking focal point.

We can all see we need another forward. Clearly Walsh see's that too as we were in for Belfodil. Can't understand why it wasn't considered a priority in this window or the last.

Really? How about because they stood a much better chance than Leicester of qualifying for it the next
Not in it this year tho are they.Leicester are.

He went solely for the big bucks...dont think anyone in sport could have predicted the season Chelsea are having.
And last year they were as bad as us....dirge.

I think the sell to buy shouts, no matter how funny they are! :zzz::zzz:are a bit out of date now, we haven't made a profit or had a negative spend for 3 years or so now and our net spend over that period is about 93 mil, while not city and united levels it is still a significant outlay, having said that if we do bring in anyone else?? I would expect McCarthy to head out for a decent fee just, sensible business

I'm firmly in the @davek camp for this one. I'm sure Schneiderlin will be alright, he has to be 22 million pounds of value for me to be taken with him and that's going to be hard for me to see in a defensive midfielder. Though I would have paid it for Gueye, he's brilliant.

I also didn't understand why we had to go out and spend that amount of money on another "does a job" center midfielder and would have preferred another attacker.
I suspect you'd have paid £22m for Gana with the benefit of hindsight mate. Had we paid that amount in July I'd imagine you, along with 99.9% of Evertonian's, would have been blocking the phone lines at Goodison.

I've never rated Schneids that highly to be honest. He's the sort of player that goes unnoticed to neutrals, but the home teams love. Similar to Gana. Happy to go along with the majority on here though and accept that his purchase represents an improvement to the starting XI. So no complaints from me.

However I do agree with Dave and yourself that our bigger need was for a top playmaker and a back up for Rom, and if we end the window with neither I'll be disappointed. If we get both, and manage to offload a couple more of the wasters in the process, it will possibly go down as the best window ever. There's still time;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back