Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 7th place finish will be massive improvement on what Martinez achieved and this alone makes it financially beneficial to of sacked him.

Expect the usual 'we've won a few games so we don't need signings' shout come out, it was clear from midway throughout the first window it was sell to buy.

This window, unlike every other, sell to buy would be absolutely fine if it meant getting a few more of the legacy players out.

Are we thinking this one is a possible @Eggs ? or are we being used to drive the price up elsewhere / new contract

...I don't know, Orly. If true it seems to me his agent is trying to get top dollar for him whilst his stock is high. I wouldn't have thought we'd be first on his list but who knows. Regardless, it seems to big a deal to tie up in this window.

You're missing my point (stated a lot) by a country mile...we need players in other positions desperately. It's not a matter of refusing to see we could in the future require additions to CM.

Spot on here. We have squandered money when evidently the are gaps all over the pitch. Only Walsh and Koeman can be blamed for wasting the Stones money and they will do the same when lukaku is sold in the summer. Most worrying part is if Enner was a panicky loan as people claim is why haven't we identified other targets at ST when they've had months to prepare.

Playing direct has a dirty name in footy these days. There's a massive difference between hit and hope and playing direct though. Although we all hate to give them credit, Liverpool's style when they had Gerrard pinging precision passes for Suarez and Sturridge to run on to was lethal.

Personally I love blood and thunder footy with pace, power but also technique. Chelsea absolutely schooled us in this earlier in the season. If I remember correctly Koeman more or less said that's what we should be aiming for. The transfer activity so far in to his reign certainly have us moving that way. Bring it on.
Said on the day that was one of the best football performances I've seen in recent years. Period.

I hate seeing us get battered. Would never leave a match early but I've been known to switch the TV over from time to time. But couldn't not watch that match. If it hadn't been us on the wrong end I'd have happily watched it over again.

This window, unlike every other, sell to buy would be absolutely fine if it meant getting a few more of the legacy players out.

I am not against removing dead wood and reinvesting the money on quality. Would be a more viable business plan something like spurs.

Problem is we have seen evidence of when our big players go the money squandered (Bolasie Williams etc)

We have to get the summer window spot on or we will struggle to close the gap.

The money brought in by lukaku's sale (Who has still not signed a contract lol/ neither has ross but isn't a priority as manager has given one to barry)

needs to not be wasted on wingers who don't score and assists or GK' who are worse then Tim. Or old men defenders short term.

A 7th place finish will be massive improvement on what Martinez achieved and this alone makes it financially beneficial to of sacked him.

Expect the usual 'we've won a few games so we don't need signings' shout come out, it was clear from midway throughout the first window it was sell to buy.
Agree with you.

My post was merely stating our current squad won't get us higher than seventh.

Desperately need several new signings early on in the summer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back