Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, Friday tomoz, reckon we'll do a load of business....yes lads? We will won't we...

*crosses fingers/balls etc

So, what 'appenin'? Are we hating on Schneiderlin now after all them shifts he's put in for us already?

Sound.

;)

Hopefully Lookman will be that player. He has certainly impressed in what he has shown so far.
The emergence of Davies and Holgate are huge pluses, and we still have Besic to recover and Gana to return.
I am disappointed VVD has picked up an injury as I am convinced we would have tried for him before the deadline.

Regarding a forward I would like us to go for Bailey based on the games I have seen him play in, but I am happy to trust Koeman and Walsh on whomever they eventually opt for.
Martinez filled the squad with so many bog average players and they are slowly being weeded out.

No I don't think Lookman. What I wanted instead of another defensive midfielder was a new Arteta type playmaker. Tired of seeing two defensive midfielders in the team week in week out personally.

Outs rather than in's at a guess

Gibson/Oviedo
I don't think Gibson will leave us, ever. A player who never plays and gets new contracts despite it is in no rush to leave the club. He will probably raring to go by contract extension time in 2 years i am guessing.

No I don't think Lookman. What I wanted instead of another defensive midfielder was a new Arteta type playmaker. Tired of seeing two defensive midfielders in the team week in week out personally.

That is fair enough.
Personally the thought of seeing a midfield of Schniederlin, Gana, Davies and Barkley is mouth watering.
Rock solid to breakdown with pace and energy to get forward and support a floating forward (Lookman/Mirallas/?) and supply Rom.
I would stick with the back 3 too and look for a younger LWB to compete with Baines.

Compact and lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back