Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying he has done anything yet, I'm just saying he was a big signing who when he is match fit and comfortable with our team will make our midfield a force to be reckoned with alongside Gueye and Davies
Still remains to be seen for me. I'm hopeful but we've all been let down by Everton signings before. For instance, I'm sure at one point I thought McCarthy was class.

He's hardly done anything of note in his two sub appearances, not that I expected him to, let's not get carried away here.

His best work goes totally unnoticed.
He is not a highlights reel player like Deulofeu for example, but you do see an improvement in results when he is playing, especially when fully fit(Southampton fan quote).

A better Lee Carsley. And Carsley was excellent for us.

No, after seeing him play now I'd say he's worth that though. Gueye represents 22 million of value in my eyes. I'm expecting Schneiderlin to deliver the same level of quality to justify his price because if he doesn't I'm going to keep bringing up his fee as a stick to beat him with like the Bolasie boo-boys do.

Well give the lad a chance eh. I dont see him in the Gueye mold, Gana is a pure engine whereas Schneiderlin is a more intelligent player. Don't see why people are arsed about the fee, not like it is our own money is it. I genuinely thought Evertonians would stop moaning if we spent a bit this window. How wrong I was.

His best work goes totally unnoticed.
He is not a highlights reel player like Deulofeu for example, but you do see an improvement in results when he is playing, especially when fully fit(Southampton fan quote).

A better Lee Carsley. And Carsley was excellent for us.

As I said, like every Everton player he will get the benefit of the doubt from me and a chance to show what he's got before I make any judgments about his ability. I'm not having a go at him or his level of ability, I just would have preferred that money be spent on a different type of player due to my own personal preferences.

Well give the lad a chance eh. I dont see him in the Gueye mold, Gana is a pure engine whereas Schneiderlin is a more intelligent player. Don't see why people are arsed about the fee, not like it is our own money is it. I genuinely thought Evertonians would stop moaning if we spent a bit this window. How wrong I was.

I am going to give him the chance mate and moaning is part of being an Evertonian.

Reactions: kev
Still remains to be seen for me. I'm hopeful but we've all been let down by Everton signings before. For instance, I'm sure at one point I thought McCarthy was class.
Haha that is true, he had moments when he looked really good, but he has been very injury prone. We will just have to wait and see. We got a steal with Gueye for the 7 million we spent, who knows with Schneiderlin but if we get the Scheinderlin that was at Southampton with Koeman then we will be in for a treat

As I said, like every Everton player he will get the benefit of the doubt from me and a chance to show what he's got before I make any judgments about his ability. I'm not having a go at him or his level of ability, I just would have preferred that money be spent on a different type of player due to my own personal preferences.

Hopefully Lookman will be that player. He has certainly impressed in what he has shown so far.
The emergence of Davies and Holgate are huge pluses, and we still have Besic to recover and Gana to return.
I am disappointed VVD has picked up an injury as I am convinced we would have tried for him before the deadline.

Regarding a forward I would like us to go for Bailey based on the games I have seen him play in, but I am happy to trust Koeman and Walsh on whomever they eventually opt for.
Martinez filled the squad with so many bog average players and they are slowly being weeded out.

Hopefully Lookman will be that player. He has certainly impressed in what he has shown so far.
The emergence of Davies and Holgate are huge pluses, and we still have Besic to recover and Gana to return.
I am disappointed VVD has picked up an injury as I am convinced we would have tried for him before the deadline.

Regarding a forward I would like us to go for Bailey based on the games I have seen him play in, but I am happy to trust Koeman and Walsh on whomever they eventually opt for.
Martinez filled the squad with so many bog average players and they are slowly being weeded out.
This is the one i think and hope will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back