Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. He's very direct. Control > look up > knocks it long downfield/wide downfield...usually out wide.

Long downfield was Koeman's signature move at Feyenoord; wide downfield was Koeman's signature move at Southampton. We should expect that here. The days of building up moves and attacking in numbers are over.
Good. We were rubbish at it.

Another Centre Midfielder was exactly what we required in this window in my opinion. We have Barry who is now on his last legs, Davies who is going to have dips in form like any kid and will need to be managed accordingly, Besic who isn't good enough and McCarthy who isn't good enough. That only leaves Gueye as a midfielder who can be relied on to play every week. Schneiderlin was a great signing in my opinion. He was one of the most sought after players in the league at Southampton with both Arsenal and Utd fighting over him.

Again no one could have predicted it.

Ok...in the summer before a ball is kicked

If he was on 20k pw at Leicester.
Chelsea offer him 50k pw
Everton offer him 100k pw
Where do you think he'd be playing mate ?

I'm not even going to answer your ridiculous strawman there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...o-kante-new-100000-a-week-deal-to-ward-off-i/

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...e-offered-an-improved-contract-from-Leicester

Nothing to do with money.

Removing Cleverley and adding Davies...and then adding someone like Sugurdsson would have made us stronger. This just makes us unbalanced.

At 18 the lad needs to be alowed to regress in his cconsisitnecy if he needs to in my opinion, step back to take a step forward and all that, its the clever play.

There are positions i dont want to get wrong and that playmaking position is one, i know you mention Siggy as an example but i would prefer to wait for his ilk until the summer rather than spend 10s of millions on Snodgrass which seems to be only playmaker on the market this weather. It needs strengthening mind but availability i would think is the crucial thing.

Yes. He's very direct. Control > look up > knocks it long downfield/wide downfield...usually out wide.

Long downfield was Koeman's signature move at Feyenoord; wide downfield was Koeman's signature move at Southampton. We should expect that here. The days of building up moves and attacking in numbers are over.
sorry mate. I thought you meant he was going to take Ross's place in the team.;)

Removing Cleverley and adding Davies...and then adding someone like Sigurdsson would have made us stronger. This just makes us unbalanced.
Surely Davies cant be expected to play every game yet though, he will need time on the bench soon enough when he has a few bad games.

Dave's right. In the same way he was right about our days of bringing young players into the first team is over now Koeman is here. :(

Should go after Sigurdsson in the summer. He's ace and would improve us a lot in my opinion. We do need another wide midfield player like too.

Sigurdsson, a proven wide man, a second striker, a centre back and a commanding goalkeeper (2 of them to go directly into the starting XI; Sigurdsson and the goalkeeper, the others to compete for a starting place).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back