Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Martial not in United's squad at all for tonight.

Think he might be on his way out...would be absolutely ludicrous for us to not at least enquire.

Really think Koeman would love him. Very direct attacker, quick, great finisher and hard to brush off the ball.

He would be outrageously good in that second striker role playing off Rom. United bought him for sooo much money though that I just can't see it...

I am happy personally with early business. But I have a sneaking feeling that it was done early due to that only being what the board wanted and no more. Koeman said in the summer he wanted 3 or 4 and got Enner. We all know he uses broken english with respect. He says thinks like but okay we must improve if possible. I think he knows full well the will be no more signings and club isn't even rolling out the 'look we tried' spiel like it did in summer.

U turn in form allows club to not have to be held accountable over signings like Enner while we are playing with fire for not having backup to Lukaku.

I'm pretty sure the team sitting at the top of the league play 3 at the back and 2 holding midfielders in Matic and Kante and it seems to work well enough for them. I'm not sure why we're so concerned about pairing Schneiderlen with Gueye. That'll make us very solid and other positions will also be upgraded when the right players become available.
McCarthy will be sold either now or in the summer and Barry will be phased out. Schneiderlen will prove to be a great signing.

Who do you thinks better out of the 2?
At his best McCarthy was superb for us. Schneiderlin is a different player. He has a broader range of skills. But I don't believe those are as apessential as having decent cover for Lukaku right now, nor as crucial as having a quality player in the #10 role.

He would be outrageously good in that second striker role playing off Rom. United bought him for sooo much money though that I just can't see it...
If i remember correctly a large part of that fee was dependant on appearances, goals, trophies won etc so i don't think the fee they paid ends up anywhere near what was stated at the time if they were to sell him off now

The vast majority of it was add-ons, £35m initial fee wasn't it? Not sure how many of the clauses have been triggered however.

Though if we're looking for a boss player that would be universally accepted by the fans, that would also make the world think "How the eff did they get him?", this is our man.

At his best McCarthy was superb for us. Schneiderlin is a different player. He has a broader range of skills. But I don't believe those are as apessential as having decent cover for Lukaku right now, nor as crucial as having a quality player in the #10 role.
I agree we didn't need him as much, but I'd guess we'll get minimum 10mill back on McCarthy, which I think helps justify it and who knows, with almost a week left to go, we might still get another froward or #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back