Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come on here as Im a blue...go the game home and away(which is incidental)and have a need to be kept in the loop of all thing Everton...reference the crap...yes lots of cool talk on here mainly... but some crap and it generally the same people..and the negativity got to me (last on the subject as im done with it) we are on the up and if people cant see that well...Its all about opinions
Your right mate, all that warlord guy posts is negative over and over and over again, it's really annoying, also hate people saying "we go with what we got" people have been saying it since the window opened and after MS was brought, still 4 days left yet.

Come on guys keep positive

People do realise that January is pretty much an emergency window right?

And that spending between 27.5 and 35 million pounds on a highly rated youngster and a proven top-6 Premier League standard midfielder is pretty much more than any other club in the league? As well as shifting some dead weight on loan.

Obviously, like any of you, I want some signings, but wind it in with the negativity, expect a busier summer, but maybe one more first team squad player to come in January, absolute maximum. Maybe a youth player or 2.

Personally, I think we look fine until summer.

Should lukaku pick up a long term injury how would we look?
Should wiliams pick one of how we look?

The emergency window as you call it us important moreso for us as we where told there'd be no repeat of the big mistakes made during the summer. Two of which where not getting players in those two positions, we fail to fix that this, window then yeah people will be dissapointed hugely - and rightly so.

Thinking if we fail to do so this January is no problem because it will be sorted in the summer is being blind, because come summer who says the same thing won't unfold with we tried but there a always January to be the excuse rolled out again?

Hate all the ultra negative posters myself, but also don't understand those who try paint it all as no problem either.

We have a squad with a very good central midfield, a top class striker and two very good starting fullbacks, the rest of the team is patchwork at best, depth at cb is none existent , wingers are woeful, no back up striker. To ignore that and pretendcwe couldn't have addressed those problems in January but will do in summer is wrong.

And it's only the recent run and inclusion of the kids which have people thinking otherwise, couple of bad results/injuries this place will go toxic about us failing to strengthen in key areas.

Surely Koeman knows this too. I'm a bit surprised we didn't sign someone to cover for the Kak within 5 minutes f the window opening.

Koeman will obviously know it mate, problem is he's not the one negotiating with agents and clubs.

Schneiderlin was the big target he really wanted and the board reluctantly got it over the line, say reluctantly as it took koeman publicly slamming them for it to be done.

The fear is the board think that this deal was enough to stop koeman losing it with them again so they are just faffing around now.

VVD injury btw will give the board there golden excuse, he was obviously a huge target and now there's the injury it can be trotted out as a explanation why we failed to get a top quality cb in

Hope I'm wrong but with us it can be all very predictable, including fans acceptance of us failing to deliver in things promised.

Surely Koeman knows this too. I'm a bit surprised we didn't sign someone to cover for the Kak within 5 minutes f the window opening.

Similar with cb mate, we are a Williams injury from relying on a totally washed up jagielka to hold a defence together with a young talented lad one side and a erratic cb the other...

We may not sign anyone. We have Mirallas Valencia Lookman and Calvert Lewyn. Good strikers are hard to come by in the January transfer window. If you can get someone good in then fine, if not, better wait till what you want is available. At this stage the type of player we are likely to be looking at would be a back up only, and we already have plenty of them. It depends who is available.

Its harder then it looks to find a backup to lukaku. Everyone in football knows rom will play every minute of every game for uswhen fit. If we start talks with a striker im sure we will let them know that. What if rom dosent get injured? Fella is sat on the bench stuck with 5 minute cameos. Similar to how batsuayi is at chelsea

Its harder then it looks to find a backup to lukaku. Everyone in football knows rom will play every minute of every game for uswhen fit. If we start talks with a striker im sure we will let them know that. What if rom dosent get injured? Fella is sat on the bench stuck with 5 minute cameos. Similar to how batsuayi is at chelsea
This.
We have backup strikers already. Is it worth adds in another in the january window?

....whilst I appreciate everybody wants a back-up striker, new goalie, wizard winger etc, we have got ourselves in a comfortable position and playing ok. If the players on top of the shopping list are not available now, it might be sensible to keep our powder dry and get the players we truly want/need in the summer.

And if they aren't available or obtainable in the summer mate?

Traditionally the biggest clubs don't tend to buy big in January, meaning relatively speaking if your willing to go big on fees etc you have more a clear run at a player.

A lot of teams will do major surgery on there squads durrig the summer meaning we will be in competition with them for top level players - no chance.

Not even mentioning that it wouldn't shock to see udcsoend most of the summer fending off interest in our own, lukaku, gueye, Coleman, Barkley, he'll even holgate will all likely be getting linked around constantly and the perception of us in the media and thus with layers will be negative, and cause doubt when recruiting due to players being unsure on if we are gonna retain our best.

We may not sign anyone. We have Mirallas Valencia Lookman and Calvert Lewyn. Good strikers are hard to come by in the January transfer window. If you can get someone good in then fine, if not, better wait till what you want is available. At this stage the type of player we are likely to be looking at would be a back up only, and we already have plenty of them. It depends who is available.

Should be looking at a striker who can play the role mirallas is atm, can get a starter in that way not a backup.

....whilst I appreciate everybody wants a back-up striker, new goalie, wizard winger etc, we have got ourselves in a comfortable position and playing ok. If the players on top of the shopping list are not available now, it might be sensible to keep our powder dry and get the players we truly want/need in the summer.

Damn your good sense and controlled rhetoric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back