Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to post this.
Reading it Koeman seems to believe, has I do, we have some real talent coming through, possibly for this season, but definitely next season.
With that in mind, unless someone special comes up, there will be no more signings.

...I imagine it's more to do with this than any claim that we've got a good crop coming through;

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/01/27/blues-vow-to-get-best-talent

There appears to be a clear strategy to acquire young players (as we have done with Stones, Calvert-Lewin, Holgate, Galloway etc). Low risk purchases with the potential of very high reward. I suspect we'll see lots of this type bought.

...we're we're knocked out of the Youth Cup in the early rounds by Preston and although the U23s are top of their league they were found wanting when upped in Standard for that Europran competition. I'm not saying you're wrong but it's such a massive step up to open age football, never mind the Premiership that we need to manage expectation.

That's a full team though; we'd only be bringing a few of that team up wouldn't we.

That's all well and good bigging up our youth prospects but it seems that with the last 2 windows we've just signed enough to keep us ticking, we're effectively kicking the ball down into the long grass to sort out later.

If the window stops right now, then it's been poor again. We desperately need a forward.

That's all well and good bigging up our youth prospects but it seems that with the last 2 windows we've just signed enough to keep us ticking, we're effectively kicking the ball down into the long grass to sort out later.

If the window stops right now, then it's been poor again. We desperately need a forward.

Net spend in the summer window was Zero.
Net spend this window so far is £35m

We,ve spent £15m on avg in each transfer window in this and last window........hardly pushed the boat out have we eh.

...I imagine it's more to do with this than any claim that we've got a good crop coming through;

There appears to be a clear strategy to acquire young players (as we have done with Stones, Calvert-Lewin, Holgate, Galloway etc). Low risk purchases with the potential of very high reward. I suspect we'll see lots of this type bought.

Both are true, I try to get to as many u23, as possible, not as many as I'd like due to the distance I have to travel, and if 4 or five do not make the first team squad I would not be surprised.

Lukaku getting injured is an issue but we arent getting a top class striker in. Not in January, so its Enner Valencia as back up.

Wingers are not crap; Mirallas, Lookman, Lennon, as well as others can play there.

We have 4 cbs (Williams, Mori, Jagielka, Holgate) which is the standard amount.

I'm not saying our squad is perfect, but we don't need signings anymore than the other 19 clubs.
Those other 19 teams don't have the same ambitions. That squad you just laid out isn't a top 6 squad.

Just because we have the proper numbers means very little. Do we have the talent? Lennon, Jags, Mori, these guys are seriously flawed.

And who are the other wingers I'm missing?

We've got Rom, Super Kev, Barkley, and maybe a player in Lookman, and Valencia in attack. That's not enough. I'm not sure there's even a mediocre right side player in that whole bunch.

And Williams is sound, Holgate is talented, but there's an obvious need for a center back or else we better not give up any corners or set pieces.

Sorry, but even if Rom and Ross can stay healthy, not sure that squad keeps us in 7th.

at this point Lukaku politely pushes the new contract back towards Moshiri and Bill and says "no thanks, that's not what you told me I am off"

We need to push the boat out more. Yes it's great we have good youth, but it's the big name signing which we lack. We need one to prove we have the capability to make one happen. Supposedly money is no object, so let's show that.

Net spend in the summer window was Zero.
Net spend this window so far is £35m

We,ve spent £15m on avg in each transfer window in this and last window........hardly pushed the boat out have we eh.

The transfer market is out of control average players are commanding ridiculous fees, if China really gets stuck in they will go higher.
The only way forward is to have the best youth policy, both academy and buying, only the mega-rich clubs, which we are not, will be able to buy the very best players

We aren't selling anyone else this window.

I'm sorry but all these talks of some of the squad going is way off the mark. The only players that we will see go if any are ones that won't play. Cleverley was never going to play again, niasse the same. So essentially unless we suddenly spark into life then only player has any chance of going out is Gibson. Apart from that think we are done for the window , which is fine as we have improved the first 11 even by just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back