Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happening? Are we making anymore signings?

Looks like we are done because we won a few games. What was all that talk about Koeman supposedly having a go at board and we've signed one 1st teamer?

Spot on, just like it was in summer, 'we can't buy anyone until stones is sold' haaha

FFP doesnt apply unless we are in Europe.

The stuff about increasing wages does. Hence the need to turn a profit on a player to allow the wages to increase with new players.

In short, we could buy anyone, but couldnt pay them much unless a trading profit was made, hence the sale.

FFP doesnt apply unless we are in Europe.

The stuff about increasing wages does. Hence the need to turn a profit on a player to allow the wages to increase with new players.

In short, we could buy anyone, but couldnt pay them much unless a trading profit was made, hence the sale.

I am not claiming to be a FFP expert so perhaps you can help me out, are we on borrowed time when it comes down to FFP? Doesn't stones sale only increase our spending power for one season/ window/ calander year

we need a striker. Lukaku could get injured in his next game and be out for the rest of the season. if that happens we would be like we would if we were attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis. In other words.. screwed.

I am not claiming to be a FFP expert so perhaps you can help me out, are we on borrowed time when it comes down to FFP? Doesn't stones sale only increase our spending power for one season/ window/ calander year

Yeah, it does. This window and the last one.

But now the new USM naming rights deal is done, that has the same effect, I assume, for the Summer.

Basically, the PL didnt want the new TV cash to be used to just inflate wages, (yeah, I know), so clubs could only increase their wage bill on the back of other commercial activity. We were near the ceiling based on ours, hence Stones went and the £40m odd profit frees up the wage bill.

edit. But its not FFP rules. Its a PL thing. SSTC or something.

Players want to see that we are heading in the right direction before even thinking about coming to us. We are starting to show glimpses of that now, but I would say we had absolutely no chance of getting in any 'big names' last summer because of our performances the season previous to it. Schneiderlin is a step in the right direction, though.

Which is fine Ijjy but we don't know for a fact that's the case. We might well look back from the end of their 3rd transfer window and think well done overall but if we stop at the business we have done so far then the choices made in signings and the business done in general is open to fair and reasoned criticism.

If the boss says the players arent available that's the only fact we can go on.

A recent history like Everton's is enough to put most players which are suddenly in our price range off until they see us improve significantly.

It has to be a gradual build up, and I think the players we have signed suggests that's happening.

This assumes a hell of a lot about every possible addition to our attack that is out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back