Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
C3bvvIUWIAEWIb0

lol

Hahaha. I love it when Aki makes an appearance.

£7m for Oviedo and Gibson is decent business if true.
Do you reckon we got £10m for Oviedo and had to pay them £3m to take Gibson from us? lol lol lol lol
Y'know cause usually the buying team pays the money but in this instance we would have to pay them cause he's crap and that lol lol

Reactions: gez
Gibson said himself that his contract had finished with us and he was considering offers from other clubs. Think if we had promised him a new contract then we wouldn't have let his existing contract run out.

Maybe as you say it was to get a fee for him.
There's a koeman interview somewhere where he's asked about gibsons contract. RK said that the contract had been agreed with the players so he was just honouring the offer. Whether or not there were other teams involved it doesn't really matter as he obviously decided to sign with us.

Just catching up on all the news today. Wow, fantastic getting rid of them two haha

I'll pinch of salt the itk stories but I can at least hold a bit of hope tomorrow for a signing. Can't see one still and the squad is massively reduced now so could we potentially throw the season away by getting rid of too many players?

So with Gibs and Oviedo officially gone on permanent, chances are up that we may make a move before the window closes and bring people in. We have the Keane rumors and now the Emerson rumors. I wouldn't mind seeing them brought in but it isn't a big statement signing. I still say we need to make a big offer for VVD, summertime he is going somewhere bigger unless we snatch him now

Just catching up on all the news today. Wow, fantastic getting rid of them two haha

I'll pinch of salt the itk stories but I can at least hold a bit of hope tomorrow for a signing. Can't see one still and the squad is massively reduced now so could we potentially throw the season away by getting rid of too many players?
Throw the season away?? We have not used the players we got rid of at all... we are fine without them

Just deadwood hollow and of no use
Sunderland will find you bind you grind you
And you really didn't think it would happen
But it really is the end of the line

So I'm sorry that you turned to deadwood
But you've been deadwood for a long long time
You've been deadwood for a long long time
You've been deadwood for a long long

Deadwood for a long long time

In

Snides
Lookman

Out

Gibson
Oviedo
Del
Niasse
Cleverly
*McCarthy ( if he goes )

If it finishes like this the squad will be weaker in numbers, not ideal at all.

We all keep forgetting Kone.

Make of that what you will

Just deadwood hollow and of no use
Sunderland will find you bind you grind you
And you really didn't think it would happen
But it really is the end of the line

So I'm sorry that you turned to deadwood
But you've been deadwood for a long long time
You've been deadwood for a long long time
You've been deadwood for a long long

Deadwood for a long long time

Was this from 2000? Brings back memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back