Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets think of it this way, I would pay that much for a player who I know how good they are but they would be out for 3 months I would definitely still jump on it. If we could buy a player like Messi but they were out for 3 months you wouldn't do it? I know that is a terrible comparison but VVD is a great defender and if we don't do it we will have to compete with City and other clubs in the summer for him.
If you know this why would Southampton sell now if they plan on it

Understandable... I do not think the team would have let all of these players go without a plan though. I think we will be making moves before the window closes
I hope there is a plan. We can manage without right back cover due to Holgate but currently have nothing on the left anymore. Thst is a major issue, Galloway coming back is the easiest solution there though.

I was actually thinking of driving up there for a few hours but my brother called me an absolute whopper and it destroyed the idea on me.
I shouldn't have mentioned it to him.

You're brother is right.

Have you ever seen the mutants that hang round outside waiting for autographs ????????.

If you got photographed with that lot, you'd be ruined for life !!!!!!

Lets think of it this way, I would pay that much for a player who I know how good they are but they would be out for 3 months I would definitely still jump on it. If we could buy a player like Messi but they were out for 3 months you wouldn't do it? I know that is a terrible comparison but VVD is a great defender and if we don't do it we will have to compete with City and other clubs in the summer for him.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him here but there aren't many clubs around who would look at that and do it. You'd basically get two or three games out of him this season - having had to pay him his £100k per week or whatever it is for the three months beforehand for no return

He'll be going nowhere this window - if we sign Keane tomorrow, we will not be buying him in the summer either

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him here but there aren't many clubs around who would look at that and do it. You'd basically get two or three games out of him this season - having had to pay him his £100k per week or whatever it is for the three months beforehand for no return

He'll be going nowhere this window - if we sign Keane tomorrow, we will not be buying him in the summer either

If we sign keane this window it would increase the chances of adding VVD in the summer.

Williams is a year older and Jags will have probably gone.

Mori is not the long term answer so that leaves Holgate and (Keane).

Easily enough room for a prime aged Centre half to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back