Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but our second choice striker was a last minute loan we needed just to make numbers up. DCL is injured, so basically I think with getting rid of all the deadwood we are a bit light on numbers.

I honestly think we are ok. The deadwood were useless, and if it means we have use youngsters instead of the deadwood if needed I'm much much happier.

I wouldn't be too happy signing 'back up' quality players to be honest. Seems pointless.

"Dead Season" We are 7th on the table and this month could push us higher... We can hope and dream that we qualify for Europe this year or am I just thinking crazy??

Not at all. I personally think that we are likely to stay were we are. I fancy a draw at best vs stoke - a good result.

If United win then i cant see the slipping up too many times, hence the reason why i think bringing the young lads through is better than buying players in this window for the fun of it.

We need a striker, otherwise it's a poor effort again IMO

We aren't getting one I don't think.

We're still not in the position where we can go and get a 'quality' out and out striker purely for back-up, especially not half-way through the season.

We seem to have gone for players who play more in a second-striker role than anything else, but for whatever reason haven't followed up those targets to fruition - for a multi-tude of reasons.

Is right Ronald.

But still annoying that Kenwright is still involved in player transfers.

Reads to me like bill got over excited and threw money at them for the player before the manager convinced him that he wasn't actually that good.

Which if anywhere near true makes bill as a transfer negotiator a joke yet again.

Because we have had a decent January results wise, everybody seems to think we are ok.

We have lost Del and Bolasie and brought in only Lookman. Davies and Holgate are a massive bonus but let's be honest, Holgate is now first choice due to Jags legs finally going.

If we don't buy he must think the youth are capable which is a good thing I guess.

Maybe he thinks Kenny, Pennington, Dowell are now options if needed.

Think about it though, an injury to Lukaku and Mirallas and we are relying on Valencia and Lookman.

We have the chance to push on, I hope we take advantage.

We aren't getting one I don't think.

We're still not in the position where we can go and get a 'quality' out and out striker purely for back-up, especially not half-way through the season.

We seem to have gone for players who play more in a second-striker role than anything else, but for whatever reason haven't followed up those targets to fruition - for a multi-tude of reasons.

Hashtag skint fc
Hashtag selltobuyandnoonewantskone

Reads to me like bill got over excited and threw money at them for the player before the manager convinced him that he wasn't actually that good.

Which if anywhere near true makes bill as a transfer negotiator a joke yet again.
Unsure how koeman changing his mind is kenwrights fault, but ok.

Because we have had a decent January results wise, everybody seems to think we are ok.

We have lost Del and Bolasie and brought in only Lookman. Davies and Holgate are a massive bonus but let's be honest, Holgate is now first choice due to Jags legs finally going.

If we don't buy he must think the youth are capable which is a good thing I guess.

Maybe he thinks Kenny, Pennington, Dowell are now options if needed.

Think about it though, an injury to Lukaku and Mirallas and we are relying on Valencia and Lookman.

We have the chance to push on, I hope we take advantage.

Wot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back