Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPECIAL DELIVERY......just in time for deadline day.......

DSC05442.JPG

I reckon someone from the dutch league will be coming ! and that Sotiru fella for 2.5 million will be coming ! he seems like a walsh signing to me ! hoping for brahimi !

Not really going with what we have though is it?, time to give the forum a miss for the day I think

Ah true, I forgot, Jose Baxter is coming.

No, I know we brought in Schneiderlin and Lookman, but we still need two or three in, especially with losing three squad players in recent days. I think we'll bring one in late on though.

Reads to me like bill got over excited and threw money at them for the player before the manager convinced him that he wasn't actually that good.

Which if anywhere near true makes bill as a transfer negotiator a joke yet again.

Bill Kenwright does not get excited about throwing money at players, he gets a rock on at negative net spends.

Ah true, I forgot, Jose Baxter is coming.

No, I know we brought in Schneiderlin and Lookman, but we still need two or three in, especially with losing three squad players in recent days. I think we'll bring one in late on though.

Normally Tubes I'd agree, but bar Oviedo what have those squad players offered this season?

Nothing. So it's not really a case of having to replace 'like for like'.

We've seen the youngsters coming through and tbh I think from what Koeman's said they're gonna be given a chance if ever needed.

I'd like us to bring one more in today, at least, but if we don't - I can accept it.

I'll be slightly disappointed if we don't get a forward/winger or whatever in, as it seems we targeted one and Koeman has changed his mind a few times, but if the manager isn't 100% certain then I'd rather us not buy for the sake of it.

Reads to me like bill got over excited and threw money at them for the player before the manager convinced him that he wasn't actually that good.

Which if anywhere near true makes bill as a transfer negotiator a joke yet again.

... and Moshiri a joke too for not learning any lessons from the summer shambles.

But in this instance, I think it was just Koeman vetoing Walsh.

OK. Man walks into bills office.

Hello Mr kenwright, I have a player here who wouod be brilliant for you, former inter Milan player, not even in his prime, you can have him for 10 million.

Bill- where do I sign?

Koeman - hang on bill this lad is crap and a tit in the dressing room ffs, don't he buying him

Bill- cheers Mr agent but now decided to pull out of negotiations.

Or alternatively...

Bill, Ronnie and others sit down at Christmas.

Bill - ok Ronnie who do you want us to buy?

Ron - here's my list Bill

Bill - ok Ron, shall we go and buy them?

Ron - yes please, and don't drag your feet like last window as I'll be holding the mic at the pressers ya know, and if we don't buy it's all down to you.

...end Jan...

Bill - ok Ron, we've done the deal, ready to pull the trigger?

Ron - nah, changed my mind...

* waits for usual clap, clap, luvvie comments by those who completely ignore the most likely scenario in their lust to bash Bill...

OK. Man walks into bills office.

Hello Mr kenwright, I have a player here who wouod be brilliant for you, former inter Milan player, not even in his prime, you can have him for 10 million.

Bill- where do I sign?

Koeman - hang on bill this lad is crap and a tit in the dressing room ffs, don't he buying him

Bill- cheers Mr agent but now decided to pull out of negotiations.

18578818.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back