Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally Tubes I'd agree, but bar Oviedo what have those squad players offered this season?

Nothing. So it's not really a case of having to replace 'like for like'.

We've seen the youngsters coming through and tbh I think from what Koeman's said they're gonna be given a chance if ever needed.

I'd like us to bring one more in today, at least, but if we don't - I can accept it.

I'll be slightly disappointed if we don't get a forward/winger or whatever in, as it seems we targeted one and Koeman has changed his mind a few times, but if the manager isn't 100% certain then I'd rather us not buy for the sake of it.

I'm not asking us to replace like for like - I'm asking us to use the 31 days we've had to bring in the striker we so obviously need, like you have said. If we don't, then there's only two reasons I can give - either Koeman has written off the season and is looking at the summer, or we've already spent what we had and the offloading lately is balancing the books. There's no logical reason not to bring in a striker beyond those two reasons.

18578818.gif

I've never seen an eponymous agent

Not a rumour, just thought for a second striker to play with Rom. Would Dzeko be a good? I reckon 20mil would get him... 30 or 31 and still smashing them for roma, kinda revitalised this season. Knows the league too which is a plus
rather float a cheeky one about for that danish kid from ajax, if we were to sign a striker which we wont this window.

I'm not asking us to replace like for like - I'm asking us to use the 31 days we've had to bring in the striker we so obviously need, like you have said. If we don't, then there's only two reasons I can give - either Koeman has written off the season and is looking at the summer, or we've already spent what we had and the offloading lately is balancing the books. There's no logical reason not to bring in a striker beyond those two reasons.

I'm swaying towards the first reason there mainly due to Koeman's indecision (or, decision, I supposed) on Belfodil.

Wasn't convinced, so we didn't bring him in, even though both Standard and the agent have said a fee was agreed etc.

Whether that is directly linked to reason two, I suppose could be argued.

lot of mention of Coleman to Utd, odds slashed etc as usual. Can't see anything on twitter but was on radio and a few jargs including Independant then again might have something to Ashley Young link. Would have to be a lot of $$$. Can't see it myself and don't think he would be forcing a move

yawning-a_orig.gif

Ah true, I forgot, Jose Baxter is coming.

No, I know we brought in Schneiderlin and Lookman, but we still need two or three in, especially with losing three squad players in recent days. I think we'll bring one in late on though.

I think we'll be keeping the powder dry for the 48th window running ready to splash the dollar in the summer.......or something like that anyway.

GK
CB
AM
FB cover
2nd ST

all things we needed on the 1st Jan and all things I'm assuming they were aware we needed after "lessons learned" in the summer.

I'm not fuming, it's to be expected. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got anyone in now because this window looks like the plan was to get players who aren't contributing off the books and as many as possible.

Or the striker or type of striker we want is not available.

Koeman has made clear to the journo brigade that he will only bring players in who will go straight into the 18 and are better than what we have coming through in the u-23. The clear-out of players who did not feature or barely made it to the bench demonstrates this policy in action. He does not want a large squad with players who are best peripheral. If we can find someone who meets the criteria then we'll do a deal. If not, we won't.

Looks like Chelsea are all over Dembelend with celtic sayin theyd be reluctant to sell (code: come n see us with a suitcase full of wonga) Lukaku staying then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back