Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if Hirst, Ramsdale or Adarabioyo are any good, but I kind of want Everton to force through all three transfers today because "screw everyone else, we're cornering the market on young English talent and no one's stopping us."

Would be a brilliant strategy.

Difference is mate, all the teams inside the top 6 have a reliable second goalscorer, we actually don't

rs - Firminio 8, Lallana 7, Coutinho 5 (having missed 2 months), Milner 6
Spurs - Alli 11, Son 7, Eriksen 5.

thats just going off their scorers after the the top scorer is removed

We are left with Coleman second with 4, then Barkley with 3. thats alarming mate, no one in our squd is on target to get more than 5 league goals this season besides Lukaku and Coleman.

Maybe the concern isnt about not havign a reliable second striekr as much as it is about havign only one reliable striekr when we don't have any other player from midfield who contributes anywhere near a decent goal return

We've recently beat City 4-0 with 4 different scorers mate. Make no mistake, we are a much different team from the one that played the majority of the first half of the season, we have a cohesive formation now and a number of fresh new faces that have injected some life into us.

I don't know why you've put "top quality" in quotes because I haven't said that anywhere. I would be happy to sign prospects for that position. You seem to think that I am proposing that we buy Aguero or someone, I'm not, I am proposing we need forwards. According to you this is impossible though. As there are no forwards better than Valencia that we could attract. If that's true, we will never finish above 7th.

I'm not saying that at all.

I'm saying if they are available this window, as a backup option, they won't be any better than what we have currently.

Now, the lad we bid for (or at least, according to two separate links) at Nice - Alassane Plea - is a forward. He's not a no.9, he's more of a wide forward - or plays just off the main man.

He'd improve the first team, and also offer a viable option as an alternative to Rom if needed.

But, that bid has seemingly been rejected, as Nice probably don't want to sell a player they view as being key in their title challenge.

So, we've sacked it off, for now, and we'll see what happens with that come summer - if anything.

In the meantime, rather than get another stop-gap, we'll stick with the one we have in Valencia - unless something comes up that is too good to turn down (which it may well do).

We paid a fair bit for Bolasie. He will go down as a bad signing as he got an awful injury.

When he was fit though he was very good. He was assisting at a rate of 1 every 3 games which is as good as anyone in the league. He was also managing this when we were playing poorly. In the current team I suspect these numbers will have been improved.

Everyone makes bad signings but let's be frank here, before Bolasies injury he was not one who falls into that category.

I like bolasie, I am sad he was injured but I just think even if he was fit he'd go a long way to justify the price tag. Poster originally said that we didn't want to over spend as an excuse of not signing players and I used bolasie as an example of overspending to show he is making an excuse and has no credibility

Am I wrong for thinking Davies and Holgate have literally changed Koeman's mind on this window? He decided to add players like Donkor and might even bring another 17 year old in.

We've recently beat City 4-0 with 4 different scorers mate. Make no mistake, we are a much different team from the one that played the majority of the first half of the season, we have a cohesive formation now and a number of fresh new faces that have injected some life into us.
We all hope that is true but we can't look at the Man City game in isolation. We weren't exactly carving Palace open next game out were we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back