Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabbiadini works best as a second striker it's just the system Napoli play doesn't allow for it. For the price Southampton are paying would surely be worth a shot when we were interested for more in the summer and the mirallas role in our current system fits him to a tee. If not, and after pulling out of Belfodil and loaning Geri, I hope we have someone else lined up. Like everyone else here I'm worried about Lukaku going down/Kev hitting one of his cold spells

Kevin played well for last 2 games that allowed sanction of Del to go, we have no intention of signing a striker

Difference is mate, all the teams inside the top 6 have a reliable second goalscorer, we actually don't

rs - Firminio 8, Lallana 7, Coutinho 5 (having missed 2 months), Milner 6
Spurs - Alli 11, Son 7, Eriksen 5.

thats just going off their scorers after the the top scorer is removed

We are left with Coleman second with 4, then Barkley with 3. thats alarming mate, no one in our squad is on target to get more than 5 league goals this season besides Lukaku and Coleman.

Maybe the concern isnt about not havign a reliable second striekr as much as it is about havign only one reliable striekr when we don't have any other player from midfield who contributes anywhere near a decent goal return

I agree with that.

It's definitely needed.

But that's not a backup is it?

Windy is suggesting a backup to Rom. My point is we would be better off if we go for that 'second goalscorer' as you outlined.

I personally think we have, and that our targets haven't been available right now.

This is backed up by Koeman's comments from a few weeks back (and yesterday) about maybe having to wait until the summer, rather than just buying anyone.

We've recently beat City 4-0 with 4 different scorers mate. Make no mistake, we are a much different team from the one that played the majority of the first half of the season, we have a cohesive formation now and a number of fresh new faces that have injected some life into us.

Not arguing we are playing hugely better mate, but as well as the penny dropping for a few etc, the formation change had a huge part to play, with the team the way it is currently we are alarmingly close to not being able to play the formation - would argue that any injury to Lukaku, Baines, Williams or Holgate would enforce a formational change

We change back to a back 4 - those goals will dry up alarmingly again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back