Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not arguing we are playing hugely better mate, but as well as the penny dropping for a few etc, the formation change had a huge part to play, with the team the way it is currently we are alarmingly close to not being able to play the formation - would argue that any injury to Lukaku, Baines, Williams or Holgate would enforce a formational change

We change back to a back 4 - those goals will dry up alarmingly again
I'd add Coleman to that list as well. We now have 1 rb, 1 lb and 4 cb's to play a five man defence. Some of the CB's can play full back in a pinch and so can a couple of our wingers but one or two injuries and we'll have to change our system. Everyone is cock-a-hoop about all the outgoings (me included) but we are now very thin in a number of positions. I thought we would have seen more incomings. Lookman has essentially replaced the crocked Bolasie so in terms of numbers we were only really one up before the culling started.

The is probably something we have not seen in training that means Geri has been classed as spare parts and while manager may of done a UTurn on Ross

Attitude is night and day for me Ross looks like he is going strength to strength while del stagnated and give his usual huffing and puffing.

I wouldn't of classed del as deadwood myself but if this is case I stick with the managers judgement over my opinion, we know his quality but if his attitude is bad we have done well to get rid.

Overall I am glad we are removing our crap but I think cherry on the cake would be a striker or Keane

I agree, 100%

Not holding out hope but overall I don't get the drama. It's been a good window.

I'd add Coleman to that list as well. We now have 1 rb, 1 lb and 4 cb's to play a five man defence. Some of the CB's can play full back in a pinch and so can a couple of our wingers but one or two injuries and we'll have to change our system. Everyone is cock-a-hoop about all the outgoings (me included) but we are now very thin in a number of positions. I thought we would have seen more incomings. Lookman has essentially replaced the crocked Bolasie so in terms of numbers we were only really one up before the culling started.

Koeman bigging up the youngsters recently.

I think he's deeming them 'ready' if needed.

i.e. Kenny at full-back, for example.

I'm up for blooding youngsters, I'd just like us to do it through choice not necessity.

True.

Though in fairness it was kind of a necessity to play Davies.

It's not worked out too badly.

Same with Holgate when Seamus was out.

Now, of course, there has to be a balance and they will have dips in form.

But you can't just sign players as out and out backups if it's hindering the development of younger ones who have potential or, in our case, we have no other games to offer said backups.

I'm up for blooding youngsters, I'd just like us to do it through choice not necessity.

Windy - who is to say this is not by choice though mate?

I think this gives the youngsters that extra edge - that extra bit to aim for. Rather thaan a bit part to cover for a week or 2 before dropping down they can see the very real possibility of stepping up , staking a claim and staying there! Very powerful motivator!

From our friends at the BBC

Everton’s interest in highly rated Burnley central defender Michael Keane is unlikely to tempt Sean Dyche into selling one of his prime assets. Everton are prepared to renew their bid to sign him at the end of the season.

There’s speculation that 17-year-old Brazilian striker Caio Emerson could be joining the Blues. His contract at Corinthians expires this summer and he could be available for a fee in the region of £250,000. He’s previously been linked with moves to Liverpool, Manchester City and Valencia.

Everton have rejected Brighton’s bid to sign 21-year-old striker Courtney Duffus. He’s been part of the successful Everton Under-23 side this season and his goal in last night’s 3-1 win against Manchester United’s Under-23’s extended their lead at the top of the table.

Glad we got all our business done early.

Only the scruffs scrapping about for bargains today.
an attacker would be great but unless it's someone who improves our first team then i'm not fussed. I think we've had a good window, signed two very good players and cleared out most of the deadwood.
As you say only the desperate teams fighting for scraps now. quite happy to leave them to it and get an early night.

I reckon it is choice mate. He's choosing them over going out and buying people he might not really want, as the ones he does want just aren't happening this window. Which seems fair enough.

That's how i'm taking it anyway.
Fair enough. I'm slightly concerned that we only have 19 fit recognised first team players and the only rumours are about McCarthy, Jags and Kone leaving. I'm sure we wouldn't let ourselves get down to 16 players but RonKo seems to like a game of transfer chicken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back