Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windy - who is to say this is not by choice though mate?

I think this gives the youngsters that extra edge - that extra bit to aim for. Rather thaan a bit part to cover for a week or 2 before dropping down they can see the very real possibility of stepping up , staking a claim and staying there! Very powerful motivator!
Not me, I have no idea! If it is through choice, fair enough.

an attacker would be great but unless it's someone who improves our first team then i'm not fussed. I think we've had a good window, signed two very good players and cleared out most of the deadwood.
As you say only the desperate teams fighting for scraps now. quite happy to leave them to it and get an early night.
Duffus gave the Man U Bailey a torrid time yesterday.

I reckon it is choice mate. He's choosing them over going out and buying people he might not really want, as the ones he does want just aren't happening this window. Which seems fair enough.

That's how i'm taking it anyway.
I agree completely. We have enough coming through the youngsters to see us till the end of this season. This will help the delevop and also save wasting money for the sake of it this window. Come the summer we can target players we really need.

Fair enough. I'm slightly concerned that we only have 19 fit recognised first team players and the only rumours are about McCarthy, Jags and Kone leaving. I'm sure we wouldn't let ourselves get down to 16 players but RonKo seems to like a game of transfer chicken!

I am feeling weirdly OK with everything I suppose. Right now I can't see any of those 3 leaving, and we are a little short up front, but as i've mentioned a few times, it's nigh on impossible to get a decent forward in who will be happy to sit there and not play waiting for Rom to get injured. I don't think i'd want that player to be honest.

I think in some positions you can get away with it a little bit, like Left back and Right back, but up front we need a decent option if Lukaku is injured, suspended or just plain having a bad day. I dont think Valencia is that man, I am fairly surprised we didn't go in for gabbiadini at £14m

True.

Though in fairness it was kind of a necessity to play Davies.

It's not worked out too badly.

Same with Holgate when Seamus was out.

Now, of course, there has to be a balance and they will have dips in form.

But you can't just sign players as out and out backups if it's hindering the development of younger ones who have potential or, in our case, we have no other games to offer said backups.
True, but if we want to kick on into that elite group of clubs then we need to accept that when you are in multiple competitions the word backup means less and less. Football is increasingly a squad game and that is how we should sell it to incoming players.

I am feeling weirdly OK with everything I suppose. Right now I can't see any of those 3 leaving, and we are a little short up front, but as i've mentioned a few times, it's nigh on impossible to get a decent forward in who will be happy to sit there and not play waiting for Rom to get injured. I don't think i'd want that player to be honest.
I'm a bit worried about full backs as well. Coleman and Baines hardly ever get injured though, so fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back