Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones was crap last year. Schneiderlin did not perform well under LVG either. He looked great at Southampton, but it is true to say that he is not held in great esteem by the United fans, and that he seldom gets a game there. That doesn't necessarily mean he can't be good enough for us, but that's just the way it is. It's why I believe it is a 'goer' if Everton want him, he needs to move for his career as he isn't going to be getting games at United.
All fair points, and I was just using Stones as an example as I still don't think he's all that. Couldn't get a game for us, yet the title favorites wanted him. I've seen enough of Schneiderlin to want him at Everton. Think he'd improve our midfield immediately, and if he's actually available it seem a no brainer to me.

My only concern is that he is deemed not good enough at United, and yet they are performing just as badly as us.

Thing is mate United aren't performing badly, they are just having an incredible run of missing great chances in games, They absolutely battered Burnley and Ibra missed about 5 sitters and Rooney too late on Burnleys keeper got MoM, totally dominated Arsenal all game but couldn't score the second despite a few really great chances, and laid siege to West Ham whose keeper again got MoM, also where all over stoke another game they drew this season, they honestly should be about 6 points minimum better off

Interesting players that have expiring contracts in June:
GK: Adrian, Casillas, Adler, Costil, Ruddy, Hennessey
RB: Pablo Zabaleta, Branislav Ivanovic, Bacary Sagna, Antonio Valencia, Rafinha, Darijo Srna, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Joshua Brenet
CB: Thiago Silva, Mertesacker, Khacheridi, Alvaro Dominguez, Robin Knoche, Salvatore Bocchetti, Serdar Tasci, Dede, Holger Badstuber
LB: Jetro Willems, Gael Clichy, Andrew Robertson, Sead Kolasinac, Jaume Costa, Benoit Tremoulinas
DM: John Obi Mikel, Miguel Veloso, Sandro, Cheick Tiore, Dainele De Rossi, Jake Livermore, Vurnon Anita, Sebastian Rudy, Florian Grillitsch
AM: Fernandinho, Axel Witsel, Santi Cazorla, Yaya Toure, Keisuke Honda
RW: Jesus Navas, Arjen Robben, Alessio Cerci, Rachi Ghezzal, Luciano Narsingh, Ricardo Quaresma
LW: Taison, Paul-Georges Ntep, Erix Maxim Choupo-Moting
ST: Saido Berahino, Eder, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Dominic Solanke

We should definetely try to get some of these.

RB: Pablo Zabaleta, Branislav Ivanovic, Bacary Sagna, Antonio Valencia, Rafinha, Darijo Srna, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Joshua Brenet
CB: Thiago Silva, Mertesacker, Khacheridi, Alvaro Dominguez, Robin Knoche, Salvatore Bocchetti, Serdar Tasci, Dede, Holger Badstuber
LB: Jetro Willems, Gael Clichy, Andrew Robertson, Sead Kolasinac, Jaume Costa, Benoit Tremoulinas
DM: John Obi Mikel, Miguel Veloso, Sandro, Cheick Tiore, Dainele De Rossi, Jake Livermore, Vurnon Anita, Sebastian Rudy, Florian Grillitsch
RW: Jesus Navas, Arjen Robben, Alessio Cerci, Rachi Ghezzal, Luciano Narsingh, Ricardo Quaresma
ST: Saido Berahino, Eder, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Dominic Solanke

Usually I'd say bet we don't sign any of them.

And I'm saying it again.

Lichtsteiner would be ideal to sign on a pre-contract, to compete with Coleman.
Thiago Silva is just a dream, but a player like Robin Knoche or Holger Badstuber would not be the worst signing.
Jetro Willems or Sead Kolasinac would be ideal - we need a new first team left back.
Mikel could definetely do a job here. Unsure about Rudy.
Witsel big yes, but he probably goes to Juve. Fernandinho, Cazorla, Toure - all would be major coups.
Robben - Koeman connection? Would be all for it just for the name. Ghezzal would be a good signing for the squad.
Taison and Ntep for free would be good signigs for squad as well.
Berahino, maybe? With our striker depth it could make sense to take a chance on him to get his career back on track, we need HG players too, Solanke could be an option too.

Hopefully this time we sign at least one of these...

And... The least we need in winter:
Centre back
Central midfielder
Winger
Striker

Lamine Kone? VVD? de Vrij? Keane? Lindelof? Kongolo?
Schneiderlin? Bazoer? Mikel? Fabregas?
Depay? Ben Arfa? Yarmolenko?
Dolberg? Gabbiadini? Haller?

And find a way to sign one of these right backs and left backs on a pre-contract and a DM. And a player like Ghezzal or Robben... so we go to the next summer with a squad like:
Stek/Robles; Rafinha/Coleman, Williams/Holgate, VVD/RFM, Kolasinac/Baines; Schneiderlin/Davies, Mikel/Gueye - Bolasie/Ghezzal, Barkley/Deulofeu, Depay/Mirallas - Lukaku/Dolberg
buy a new GK no. 1 (Butland/Pickford), buy a creative midfielder (Bernardo Silva) and a striker (Berahino) and we could be sound.

well... maybe if these reports about Koeman having 100m budget are true...

I want huntalear... I know he's pushing 60 years old but I always wanted him to play for us...

Swerve every single 1 of those utter clowns bar Huntelaar.

With that though we could end up doing what palace did at Swansea; we play 442 and look great going forward but suspect at the back.

We possibly do have the personel to play that way, but it means either you play with 2 holding midfielders in the middle, so all your creativity comes from the wings. Or you play with only one holding midfielder. This means though that the one holiding player will get caught out on the break and will find himself outnumbered 3:1 in the middle.

The other issue is who plays up with Lukaku?
Kone? Valencia? Calvert -Lewin? I'm not sure we have an effective second striker at the moment.
Your not sure mate ??? Lmao

Ones worth looking at imo

In 18 matches this season Rooney has 3 goals and 8 assists..... I know some may not like it, but if we had a player behind Rom with those stats I imagine we would be pleased with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back