Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically we can likely hope for three players max. Since we have no clue who they will be, what are the 3 most critical positions needed?

While I think we ultimately need a new keeper and better left back cover those will have to wait until summer. Rb is solid with Coleman and Holgate. Williams, Gueye and Rom are obviously set.

We need a CB, CM, AM, winger(s) and back up striker....

Which 3 do we prioritize?

For me the goal would be CB, CM and an AM who would be competent up top in a pinch.

Realistically we can likely hope for three players max. Since we have no clue who they will be, what are the 3 most critical positions needed?

While I think we ultimately need a new keeper and better left back cover those will have to wait until summer. Rb is solid with Coleman and Holgate. Williams, Gueye and Rom are obviously set.

We need a CB, CM, AM, winger(s) and back up striker....

Which 3 do we prioritize?

For me the goal would be CB, CM and an AM who would be competent up top in a pinch.

I agree with this. CM is a huge must

Interesting players that have expiring contracts in June:
GK: Adrian, Casillas, Adler, Costil, Ruddy, Hennessey
RB: Pablo Zabaleta, Branislav Ivanovic, Bacary Sagna, Antonio Valencia, Rafinha, Darijo Srna, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Joshua Brenet
CB: Thiago Silva, Mertesacker, Khacheridi, Alvaro Dominguez, Robin Knoche, Salvatore Bocchetti, Serdar Tasci, Dede, Holger Badstuber
LB: Jetro Willems, Gael Clichy, Andrew Robertson, Sead Kolasinac, Jaume Costa, Benoit Tremoulinas
DM: John Obi Mikel, Miguel Veloso, Sandro, Cheick Tiore, Dainele De Rossi, Jake Livermore, Vurnon Anita, Sebastian Rudy, Florian Grillitsch
AM: Fernandinho, Axel Witsel, Santi Cazorla, Yaya Toure, Keisuke Honda
RW: Jesus Navas, Arjen Robben, Alessio Cerci, Rachi Ghezzal, Luciano Narsingh, Ricardo Quaresma
LW: Taison, Paul-Georges Ntep, Erix Maxim Choupo-Moting
ST: Saido Berahino, Eder, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Dominic Solanke

We should definetely try to get some of these.

We could do worse than Zabaleta on a free tbf

Maybe sign him in the summer?

I expect some early business this January. Walsh should/would have already identified the targets, ran them past both Koemans and sent scouts out. I also think we'll see a few last minute deals as well. January transfer window is lethal, so expect signings that are vastly over priced.

I expect some early business this January. Walsh should/would have already identified the targets, ran them past both Koemans and sent scouts out. I also think we'll see a few last minute deals as well. January transfer window is lethal, so expect signings that are vastly over priced.

We'll make our first signing in the second week, quickly followed by another.

One or two more on deadline day.

That's my guess.

The expectation of us fans would lean towards that we almost need a new eleven players to deliver the said expectation!
Strap in for a bumpy ride lads.

This is all speculation and reality will slap us hard.

The expectation of us fans would lean towards that we almost need a new eleven players to deliver the said expectation!
Strap in for a bumpy ride lads.

This is all speculation and reality will slap us hard.

We need 6-7 new first-team players mate.

Given our new overlord himself said that we went for 7 players in this window just gone, I think it's safe to say Koeman is thinking along the same lines.

We need 6-7 new first-team players mate.

Given our new overlord himself said that we went for 7 players in this window just gone, I think it's safe to say Koeman is thinking along the same lines.

Who do you think survives from our strongest 11?

Williams, Gana, Bolasie and Lukaku?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back