Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that though we could end up doing what palace did at Swansea; we play 442 and look great going forward but suspect at the back.

We possibly do have the personel to play that way, but it means either you play with 2 holding midfielders in the middle, so all your creativity comes from the wings. Or you play with only one holding midfielder. This means though that the one holiding player will get caught out on the break and will find himself outnumbered 3:1 in the middle.

The other issue is who plays up with Lukaku?
Kone? Valencia? Calvert -Lewin? I'm not sure we have an effective second striker at the moment.
For me you gain nothing from playing Kone or Valencia, and have everything to gain playing Calvert-Lewin. Hes young raw playing well and unknown to the opposition, potentially you could unearth a gem. He will create more space for Rom by occupying another defender. If he Is not at that level yet then put him back in the U23s, nothing lost at all in trying that.

At the moment we offer practically nothing in an attacking sense. Teams are finding it easy to defend against us and have more freedom to attack us knowing that we don't seem to attack on the break and our pace is very pedestrian.

I have already posted in another thread about the lack of craft and tempo in our midfield, but I must also say how disappointing is the form of Lukaku.

We are told he is a world class talent, good enough for Barcelona. At the moment he isn't good enough for Barnsley. He is a beast of a man 6' 3" strong and powerful and yet he plays like a pussycat at times.
Is it the teams responsibility to lift him or his to get the best out of his teammates?

He has plenty of company in the performing poorly stakes, but others are not regarded as world class talents.

Has anyone heard we are signing Arjen Robben in January, deal is sorted apparently..... I`ve heard don't know if it is true.....

He will be 33 in Jan ans his contract runs out in the summer...file under 'nonsense'.

Everton have had their offer of €21 million for Arjen Robben accepted. For the past two weeks, officials at the two clubs have been ironing out a deal for the Dutch winger. 'It looks as though Bayern Munich are ready to let Robben go', said one club insider. 'For a while now, Robben has been expressing his desire to move away from the Allianz Arena - See more at: http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=10&buying=8&selling=14&player=0#sthash.rJE0Dff8.dpuf

If ONLY there was a way for him to change SOMETHING during this horrid stretch. The formation, the tactics, the players out on the pitch. Man, would be sweet if we weren't stuck with the same crappy players being hugely ineffective and largely uninterested whilst playing a 4-2-3-1.

That's why I put a bunch if this on Koeman himself. He's sticking with the same crap players making mistakes, not doing the basics, playing a formation that they don't allow any kind off coherence in and in a team they show 0 zeal for performing in. If something doesn't work, YOU CHANGE SOMETHING!

He will be 33 in Jan ans his contract runs out in the summer...file under 'nonsense'.

Everton have had their offer of €21 million for Arjen Robben accepted. For the past two weeks, officials at the two clubs have been ironing out a deal for the Dutch winger. 'It looks as though Bayern Munich are ready to let Robben go', said one club insider. 'For a while now, Robben has been expressing his desire to move away from the Allianz Arena - See more at: http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=10&buying=8&selling=14&player=0#sthash.rJE0Dff8.dpuf
Like we need anymore not arsed wingers, and one at the end of his career. He is one of those footballers I actually dislike a lot and don't know why

Like we need anymore not arsed wingers, and one at the end of his career. He is one of those footballers I actually dislike a lot and don't know why

Well, if there was any truth to it at all, id love him on a 2 year deal even if he was 35 and lost alot of pace for the following reasons:

1-- He would be a huge threat and match winner.

2-- His mentality should rub off on others and also the youth players will look up to him

3-- Other players seeing us sign robben would take notice.

A better option for us than Rooney even if hes 1.5 years older.

I think Robben is still a very good player and could be good for us. But 25 million for a soon to be 33 year old that only has six months left on his contract is very expensive.

would never happen and its clearly made up as they havent referenced or realised his contract is up.

Eh, Stones couldn't get games for half of last season and we were horrible. Managerial preference, and stuff like that. We need a Schneiderlin like player.

Stones was crap last year. Schneiderlin did not perform well under LVG either. He looked great at Southampton, but it is true to say that he is not held in great esteem by the United fans, and that he seldom gets a game there. That doesn't necessarily mean he can't be good enough for us, but that's just the way it is. It's why I believe it is a 'goer' if Everton want him, he needs to move for his career as he isn't going to be getting games at United.

Reactions: JLW
Well, if there was any truth to it at all, id love him on a 2 year deal even if he was 35 and lost alot of pace for the following reasons:

1-- He would be a huge threat and match winner.

2-- His mentality should rub off on others and also the youth players will look up to him

3-- Other players seeing us sign robben would take notice.

A better option for us than Rooney even if hes 1.5 years older.
He would deffo improve us (not exactly hard at the minute) but not for me, will he have the energy to press as Koeman wants at that age?
I would take Rooney all day over him mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back