Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference now though is we are more solid at the back, if we could have defended under Martinez things may have been different.

They could have been, but ultimately we all knew where Roberto's failures were, and since the turn of the year that abjectness has transferred around the field.

I'm not saying Koeman is blameless. He's had more than enough time now to get to grips with this squad and realise he has to change things, and come up with the short-term solution.

But this squad is a disgrace. Bar about 7-8 players - four of whom are new to the club - and the promising youngsters we have, I don't think many fans would care if they were sold tomorrow. That just about sums it up I think.

They could have been, but ultimately we all knew where Roberto's failures were, and since the turn of the year that abjectness has transferred around the field.

I'm not saying Koeman is blameless. He's had more than enough time now to get to grips with this squad and realise he has to change things, and come up with the short-term solution.

But this squad is a disgrace. Bar about 7-8 players - four of whom are new to the club - and the promising youngsters we have, I don't think many fans would care if they were sold tomorrow. That just about sums it up I think.

Agree we need a clear out. One player I won't cry over if he left is Mirallas, I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of how he seemed to be treated under Martinez (even though I still thought he was a whinging tart) but he's had the chance of a new lease of life under Koeman, and he doesn't look any different.

If we couldn't attract players in the summer, the we arnt going to attract in January. Nothing really ever happens in jauary window anyway.

It's never easy to sign players, as the summer showed. That isn't an excuse to sit off and watch Jeremy Kyle during the transfer window. It's just the nature of the game, and something we really need to improve upon. As for 'nothing really happens in January', I bet you that loads of transfers take place in January, and that the vast majority of Premier League clubs do business this January.

It's never easy to sign players, as the summer showed. That isn't an excuse to sit off and watch Jeremy Kyle during the transfer window. It's just the nature of the game, and something we really need to improve upon. As for 'nothing really happens in January', I bet you that loads of transfers take place in January, and that the vast majority of Premier League clubs do business this January.

Why this January???.

Pressing isn't really a style though - it's something that every successful team does well.

Look at any Pep team for evidence of that...

No successful team doesn't 'press'.

Why does Koeman make such a big deal of it ? Does he not have a plan B for the team right now until he gets the balance right ?
Pressing is not something that you can teach, its about having a player willing to run that little bit further, a little bit quicker.

If Koeman feels the pressing game isn't working, that does not give him a free pass to swerve everything between now and the next two windows.

Pressing isn't really a style though - it's something that every successful team does well.

Look at any Pep team for evidence of that...

No successful team doesn't 'press'.
Quite right.

In fact, pressing isn't even a football-specific tactic: basketball teams use full-court and half-court pressing, rugby uses the blitz defence, American Football uses man-on-man combined with pass rushing, lacrosse uses full lock.... they're all the same thing. Get in your opponent's face when he has the ball, and harry him into making a mistake.

Plus they fact most teams press better then use some martinez Chose to ignore this. So we are behind most Teams as our players don't have a clue how to press as a team

It's not about big names or reputations for me . It's about players who will come in and want to play for everton and put in a shift every game and who will care about winning ot losing.
When we signed gueye most said it was a bad signing but at least he looks likes he cares . More of them type players please

Exactly. Instead of going for 60 million pound players, we should go for two 30 million pound players instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back