Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did it first game of the season fantastically against Spurs for 70 minutes, where has that team gone?

Exactly. We didn't play that well in the first 5 games, but the effort and the pressing dug the results out.

At the first sign of a bad result, they threw the towel in and went back to old habits.

Most unlikeable group of players we've ever had, for me.

The fact he emphasises so much on 'ze preshing game' or usually its the same soundbites like 've didn't do ze preshing game so well, but okay' tells me he has only one way of playing, just like brown shoes does, just like pep Guardiola does.

Im looking for a manager who can change his style/philosophy to suit the game. I do take your point into consideration though because he hasn't come out and said here is my plan......

Still waiting to see what changes he brings as so far I don't see too many.

Have mentioned it before mate, the way he wants to play obviously isn't working, so he should set - up (a plan B) with the players he has a system that works for them, for some reason he just can't/won't do it.

In the next couple of windows he can then try and bring in the type of player that suits the way he wants to play.

Have mentioned it before mate, the way he wants to play obviously isn't working, so he should set - up (a plan B) with the players he has a system that works for them, for some reason he just can't/won't do it.

In the next couple of windows he can then try and bring in the type of player that suits the way he wants to play.

Maybe because a lot of managers simply spend more money to make it work, instead of spending time to find something that works without forcing it.

The fact he emphasises so much on 'ze preshing game' or usually its the same soundbites like 've didn't do ze preshing game so well, but okay' tells me he has only one way of playing, just like brown shoes does, just like pep Guardiola does.

Im looking for a manager who can change his style/philosophy to suit the game. I do take your point into consideration though because he hasn't come out and said here is my plan......

Still waiting to see what changes he brings as so far I don't see too many.

Pressing isn't really a style though - it's something that every successful team does well.

Look at any Pep team for evidence of that...

No successful team doesn't 'press'.

Lou, the system that these players can play is the system that got our previous manager sacked...

He is a horses for courses manager - he proved that at S'ton.

He clearly is stubborn though and wants the building blocks in first.

He's not demanding a 'gurgenpress' (spelt wrong like), he's simply demanding more work-rate and to play with more intensity.

It's not hard. This squad is just that poor and stale they can't do it to any affect (or for any serious amount of time).

Lou, the system that these players can play is the system that got our previous manager sacked...

He is a horses for courses manager - he proved that at S'ton.

He clearly is stubborn though and wants the building blocks in first.

He's not demanding a 'gurgenpress' (spelt wrong like), he's simply demanding more work-rate and to play with more intensity.

It's not hard. This squad is just that poor and stale they can't do it to any affect.

Difference now though is we are more solid at the back, if we could have defended under Martinez things may have been different.

Exactly. We didn't play that well in the first 5 games, but the effort and the pressing dug the results out.

At the first sign of a bad result, they threw the towel in and went back to old habits.

Most unlikeable group of players we've ever had, for me.

That's a very good point.

The fragility/weakness is there for all to see.

One wrong turn and their confidence is shattered.

I genuinely think Koeman is still finding that out. He probably thought it would be just a two-game blip - every team loses at some stage - and that the squad would react.

I also think that was his logic in selecting the same side at the weekend...

However, he now HAS to realise that it won't work and he needs to make the changes.

Change the system to get support to Rom, and change one or two of the players to give the crowd a boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back