Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted way back about reading the list of incomings and outgoings on Koemans first day and what many would have thought of it then.

Granted there's more context to all decisions made now, but overall I am not exactly over the moon bout the work done across two transfer windows.

It may look totally different in retrospect by the end of the summer window but as of right now, if nobody else comes in I am not overly impressed. Without going into the argument with you about his quality or lack of....Bolasie is our top signing. Not good IMO

But Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Lookman, Gueye, Williams, Stek, Valencia are surely better than what has gone out?

Cleverley, Niasse, Gibson, Oviedo, Deulofeu (questionable but his application lets him down)?

Add into that the emergence of youngsters such as Holgate and Davies into fully-fledged first-teamers, plus Calvert-Lewin when he returns, and Besic.

Schneiderlin and Lookman represent two players that fill in between them about four or five positions, which is the way to go.

Weird and underwhelming window.

Moshiri says it's a window where we can make a statement, pretty underwhelming statement so far...

Watch heads fall off if we lose against Stoke

He's a whiny cretin. The net spend argument was always gonna come out tonight. It doesn't take a genius to work out that this is a dreadful month to improve your first team, especially if you're a top 7 club. It's it coincidence that only is of the top 7 have done any major business? This window is for the panic buys, it's been that way for 3 or 4 seasons now.

I don't believe it's impossible to get an improvement on keV/Deulofeu/Lennon/Kone/Valencia over the course of two windows.

I think it churlish to deny anybody questioning that.

Net spend will always be mentioned by many Everton supporter due to our history in the transfer market. Couldn't be arsed with it myself, nor sell to buy, but I certainly understand the scepticism amongst some.

Moshiri “We have no restrictions to spend”

Martinez 'We can compete with anyone in world football with finances'

What's difference? one was called a con man and other is held up as a hero because he painted the stadium and talked a good game at AGM

Oh here we go........

Unless Chelsea splash out on Dembele, we've got the biggest deal of the window in Morgs. Hardly penny pinching is it? And to top it off we've dumped a load of dross onto other clubs. What's not to like?

One bought crap, the other one bought clear first team players.

It'd be nice to get another two in...we shall see. Keane and an attacker. There is still some time left, folks.

6 hours by my reckoning, not improbable but it'd take a hell of an almighty shift in circumstance now

Havnt we gone like 12 years with just Lukaku up top, not like anything has changed really has it.

Im failing to see how, if we sign no one, we are coming out of this window in anyway weaker.

I think it's worth pointing out that not bringing anyone else in and 'just spending for the sake of it' are not necessarily the only options that were available to us. I think a number of people expected us to do a fair bit of business this window because we were told by the manager that the squad was garbage, and by the owner that we had loads of money. It didn't seem too much of a stretch, therefore, to think that we might have targets lined up, and be willing to pay the money needed to secure them.

It doesn't look like it's happening, and while I'm far from gutted, I have to say I'm not quite sure I can understand why some people feel the window has been a resounding success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back