Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukaku is leaving in the summer, we will have to find 2 (if not 3) strikers to bring in, we're also short at the back with additions needed in RB Cover, LB cover and a starting CB. Midfield we look strong but also lack depth in a more advanced Midfield role.

Its going to have to be a busy summer!

How will the Twitterati spin this tomorrow?

Here's a handy guide

• Only crap clubs do business late
  • All hail Ron's ruthlessness
  • We always thought the new Everton would balance the books
  • ...er except when we said about £100m net spends like...
  • 'Some fans still whingeing' (monkey emoji and response from lickspittle @KUEFC09U2 )
  • Moshiri making all the right moves etc

If we spend proper money and show ambition in the summer then this window is fine and irrelevant. But there's no excuse not to this time. I feel underwhelmed at the minute with this supposed new era but they deserve another window. If they cock up another window my knives will be sharp Friend.

I know jack about this sort of stuff but how come we need to sell big to purchase when teams like Palace can splash on Benteke and Cabaye in one window without selling anyone for a meaningful sum?

Cabaye was bought last season, Benteke in the summer.

It's not the transfer fee, but the STCC of wages set by the premier league. We could have increased our wages significantly from the profit of the Stones sale in the summer gone and this window.

Esk explains it better in his posts

Dave that's nothing new I have written about it for the last 9 months - we need increased revenue to meet our STCC obligations, not because of a lack of capital.

In the absence of increased revenues we will need annually to create player profits.

Hence my comments earlier about Elstone.

He can pretty much spend what ever he has available this window because of the Stones sale in STCC compliance.

Next summer he can lift wages by £7 million plus increase in commercial revenue plus player trading profits.

Neither I see as facility led, rather than compliance led - facility led suggests a lack of resource to carry out wishes, compliance led means constrained by regulation rather than resources.

It's fairly simple, there are two regulations in play (i) Profit & Sustainability and (ii) STCC (short term cost control)

Profit and Sustainability allows a club to make up to £105 million loss in any three year period subject to the club providing details of how they will fund those losses. Losses do not include expenditure on stadium/infrastructure nor academy development costs.

STCC relates to wages, and permits clubs to increase their wages by £7 million a year from the 2014/15 base, plus any increase in non-broadcasting income. Non-broadcasting income includes the profit from player sales.

Just a word on how a player purchase and a player sale affects profitability. Let's say we buy a player for £30 million on a 3 year contract. That purchase adds £10 million to costs each year over the length of the contract (player depreciation= cost/length of contract)

When we sell a player, the profit calculation is worked out as follows: The player in the example above is sold after 18 months for £45 million. The profit is calculated as follows: Sale price - value on the books (not purchase price). So in this case it is £45m - £15m (30x1.5/3) = £30 million. Thus for STCC purposes £30 million would be available to be added to player wages.

Hope that helps.

Regardless, I'd be amazed if Schneiderlin was the end of our business.

You can though mate, you just keep clicking on the increase offer button, it's dead easy.

I don't understand, I'm always able to ram through a bunch of January transfers!

(Actually I snatch up boss players with pre-contract agreements because the CPU is extremely lazy about renewing deals.)

Lukaku is leaving in the summer, we will have to find 2 (if not 3) strikers to bring in, we're also short at the back with additions needed in RB Cover, LB cover and a starting CB. Midfield we look strong but also lack depth in a more advanced Midfield role.

Its going to have to be a busy summer!

3 strikers to replace one? What 10
Goals each? I'm not giving you The cheque book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back