Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wage bill won't be down.

Remember in the summer @The Esk went through STCC rules and said we would have to make a profit from a sale to enable us to increase our wages significantly. That profit from the Stones sale has sailed away now.

Come this summer we will be able to increase wages by 7 million ( Premier league STCC rules for TV money ) plus increase in commercial revenues, with the new sponsorship let's say an extra 7 million.

Come summertime if we want to spend big and afford the increase in wages we need to sell someone like Barkley to comply with STCC.
Surely though...on top of the 7 million allowed increase + around 7 million from sponsor increase...if we end up selling Cleverly 8 mil, Niasse 10 mil & Deulofeu 13 mil, we could potentially increase our wages by a further 45 million without even considering selling any other players

If we spend proper money and show ambition in the summer then this window is fine and irrelevant. But there's no excuse not to this time. I feel underwhelmed at the minute with this supposed new era but they deserve another window. If they cock up another window my knives will be sharp Friend.

They said that in summer 2016 Friend

Moshiri said this was our last window to make a statement

You know Lukaku will be sold to fund the summer. In your heart you know it really.

Who has been bought today that you would have wanted? I can't think of anyone.

None of the teams above us have really been active. The only teams strengthening this window are in trouble.

More money than ever but the amount of talent available remains the same.

Feels like we have a lopsided squad at the moment and that Koeman is definetely playing the long term game.

Great options in midfield with schneiderlin,McCarthy,Barry,Davies,Barkley,gueye...and besic. That's great quality.

Out wide and support up top though we are slim on the ground.

Mirallas, lookman, Valencia and Lennon. Not the best options to change a game.

Feels like we are moving closer towards having a great little squad though and Clear that priorities in summer is keeping lukaku, get one or two quality support attackers in and a similar quality defender.

Cabaye was bought last season, Benteke in the summer.

It's not the transfer fee, but the STCC of wages set by the premier league. We could have increased our wages significantly from the profit of the Stones sale in the summer gone and this window.

Esk explains it better in his posts

Ah I see, opportunity missed then. I thought that maybe would have carried over into this summer. Must be annoying for the club to have that financial freedom but only during a very difficult buying month.

Peel want more money for BMD than anticipated (not itk just guessing). Emergence of young talent saves cash on transfers & gets spent on land. Just my guess on the lack of ins today. Overall I'm happy mind.

Think the club will have to convince Rom that we'll be bringing in top quality in the Summer mate and that convinces him to sign a new contract.

What I find strange though is that his contract offer has been on the table for a while now, and his agent said ages ago that it was 99.9% done, make you wonder what the hold up is.

Yearh it's either he wants more money..... As been told
We're signing messi or... They can't find the pen! I don't know matey we shall
See

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back