January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Rooney take a 50% pay cut when he only has a few years left as a player ?

You think his agent and family would let him even if he wanted to ?

I would hope that his family would realise he has made an arse load of money to the point that none of them never have to work a single day for the rest of their lives and thus they'd be okay with him ending his career at his boyhood side, even if for a "mere" 150K a week

I mean, I can understand his agent being all about the monners, but surely his family would support him?

I don't even really want him, but I'd think Rooney's family would be a bit more supportive than you suggest. If not, he has my sympathy

Hello there. Can't say i've seen this guy play. Does he start on the regs for Hertha?
Yeah, he's their best center half by a load. Has made Team of the Week a couple times this year. Still has lapses in concentration, but that's to be expected due to his age. Not one to be biased towards Yanks as I've seen too many flame out after being highly touted, but Brooks will likely go on to be the first "world class" American player in my opinion. Think an early Boateng for comparisons sake

Rooney makes sense from a commercial side. Kids would lap it up, the deluded media would lap it up. He might not be a force on the field but he'd get people's attention of it. If we can afford it then I'd look to the deal. Not because I think he's gonna take us to the next level but because signing him would be a statement to others who maybe could.

Rooney makes sense from a commercial side. Kids would lap it up, the deluded media would lap it up. He might not be a force on the field but he'd get people's attention of it. If we can afford it then I'd look to the deal. Not because I think he's gonna take us to the next level but because signing him would be a statement to others who maybe could.

I mean I'd rather Rooney play for us than Cleverley, mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back