Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester don't mate, leicester where able to raise there wages significantly not due to sponsorship or anything else this summer, but entirely down to the basic flat rate that all premiership teams are allowed (67m i believe) and last season they where significantly udner that value 48.2m - they apparently icnreased it during the summer to 66m so basically the limit allowed to them

Boro for example are paying around 34m a year currently, nexdt season with no additional increase in revenue from commercial or player trading they could still increase up to 67m per year

Yeah, I know. And thats before they are allowed to factor in the massive increase in profit after last season. CL, exploded across Asia.....

Yeah, I know. And thats before they are allowed to factor in the massive increase in profit after last season. CL, exploded across Asia.....

Aye but their commercial deals etc would have had to have seen a 18m increase to surpass what they where allowed under the current financial laws mate.

Given they are likely tied in as most clubs are to long term deals - the benefit of the league win won't be fealt in STCC terms until they can start to renegotiate those commercial deals - if that makes sense, it's unlikely that they wold have been able to strike new deals with commercial partners etc surpassing that 18 - but who knows really

Basically mate, as soon as we sold stones we had an almost ulimited ability to increase our wages - to around the tune ofbeing able to pay about1m more per week than we currently do in the squad, as it happens we used just a fraction of that - best guestimate after the playerswho we released and sold,and brought in we probably increased thewages if at all by no more than 100k pw, which essentially means that one of the major advantages stated witgh selling stones was entirely watsed and will effectively neccesitate anothe rbig sale next summer - IF theplan is as was suggested to try to hugely bridge the gap between us and spurs

...but it also means we still have scope this transfer window to utilise the Stones monies from a fair play perspective. As per your post earlier, perhaps there might actually be a push to bring numbers in rather than 'waste' the credit we have.

...but it also means we still have scope this transfer window to utilise the Stones monies from a fair play perspective. As per your post earlier, perhaps there might actually be a push to bring numbers in rather than 'waste' the credit we have.

January could be our only chance to make a real mark and get a few players in Eggs by the sound of it.

....looks a good kid. I wonder if this trumps Ghezzal interest or if he's one for the U23s. I noticed United links last season when his manager wanted a deal with an I eediate loan back.

He's like 18 I think from the very little I've just read. Won't get anywhere near the actual team if it's even true.

January could be our only chance to make a real mark and get a few players in Eggs by the sound of it.

Until the boss sorts other stuff out, which he will I am sure, then it is certainly an opportunity that hopefully we utilise. Just hope we dont spend a bundle on rubbish, cos we get obsessed with the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back