Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
in normal circumstances I think I'd avoid someone like Berahino like the plague as he's always come across as a bit of a bell. BUT, there isn't a whole load of boss strikers available and like you say, maybe a change will do him good. Every time West Brom have had him on the pitch he's tended to do well for them.

Probably worth a punt as things stand for a small fee.
Daniel Sturridge&Wayne Rooney

Dons tin hat.

I'd rather have E. Honda than Keisuke Honda.

His time is long past.

on3oTdQ.gif

This.

Why waste time on somebody that has proved for the last 2 years that hes got issues?

We arent running a home for broken footballers.

Because better players won't want to come to a club where they have to play second fiddle to Rom before the inks even wet on the contract

We won't play two up top, so we need a striker who will be willing to be back up and is decent enough to do a job, and then we can use the money from Rom's sale in Summer to buy the full time first team ready striker that we CAN'T buy this window

Berahino is young, cheap, proven at PL level when on form and will be hungry to prove himself

I think it's worth the gamble

He wouldn't be our ONLY signing FFS

This is your problem Goat, you don't think about these sort of things. You go into every window wanting 6 boss players, when that's never going to happen. You need a SQUAD, and sometimes that means you don't buy a werld class player for every position

We're always going to need good young players mate

And if we sign a striker, it will be as back up, unless Koeman plans to go full time with two up front, which we both know he won't do

Yes Mikey, good proven young players are very welcome, Loftus cheek is nothing but potential.

Theres a whole world of players that would be happy to come in and play 2nd fiddle to Lukaku for 6months, everybody in football knows that Lukaku is gonna in the summer and just cos its a "back up" striker it doesnt mean we have to buy rubbish.

Because better players won't want to come to a club where they have to play second fiddle to Rom before the inks even wet on the contract

We won't play two up top, so we need a striker who will be willing to be back up and is decent enough to do a job, and then we can use the money from Rom's sale in Summer to buy the full time first team ready striker that we CAN'T buy this window

Berahino is young, cheap, proven at PL level when on form and will be hungry to prove himself

I think it's worth the gamble

He wouldn't be our ONLY signing FFS

This is your problem Goat, you don't think about these sort of things. You go into every window wanting 6 boss players, when that's never going to happen. You need a SQUAD, and sometimes that means you don't buy a werld class player for every position

We have a squad though Mikey, we dont need a frigging squad, we need quality first team players.

Complete speculation at best. The lad has proven to be a consistent source of trouble for whomever he has played under. We're filling our team with enough fragile egos. Now we need winners, first-teamers and lads who already have their s**t together.

We have a squad though Mikey, we dont need a frigging squad, we need quality first team players.

The schism that exists between us here is that you think Saido is pony, whereas I genuinely think he isn't

At his best he's very good, which I think we'll see when he inevitably leaves West Brom

There's a player in there, I'm sure of it

I'm certain that if we sign him in Jan, we will sell him 2-3 years down the line for a profit, unless we want to keep him

Schneiderlin please, maybe Smalling might be on his way too? Blind? Maybe we can take advantage of the Utd January sales? Blind ain't great like but he's capable of doing a very good job in numerous roles. I'd certainly have him, as I would Smalling.

Member when Everton had a strong and stingy defense... I member.

In all honesty I feel the same way I felt in the summer when we brought in Koeman and Walsh, and Moshiri was rumored to be opening his wallet. I was excited and ready for this "new" Everton and ready for this team to be a force. Then I was disappointed much like most of you were with how we handled that summer window. I am getting those happy feelings again and hoping we sign a lot of these people we are rumoring and hoping for. However, I ask myself who would want to come to this side who is going to want to come to this 9th place team who has won 1 in their last 11. I am hoping for the best but preparing for another Niasse signing and possibly another bid at Sissoko.

I have a feeling I will need another hug after this window.

The schism that exists between us here is that you think Saido is pony, whereas I genuinely think he isn't

At his best he's very good, which I think we'll see when he inevitably leaves West Brom

There's a player in there, I'm sure of it

I'm certain that if we sign him in Jan, we will sell him 2-3 years down the line for a profit, unless we want to keep him

I dont think hes pony, theres a good player somewhere, just dont want his baggage at the club Mikey.

The baggage he brings > the talent he has for me.

Yes Mikey, good proven young players are very welcome, Loftus cheek is nothing but potential.

Theres a whole world of players that would be happy to come in and play 2nd fiddle to Lukaku for 6months, everybody in football knows that Lukaku is gonna in the summer and just cos its a "back up" striker it doesnt mean we have to buy rubbish.
Because of this I would rather we go big on a striker (difficult, I know, in January) and start to phase out Rom. Screw him, he hasn't been shy about courting literally every other big club in Europe, we shouldn't feel obliged to play him while we integrate his replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back