Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have E. Honda than Keisuke Honda.

His time is long past.

on3oTdQ.gif
E Honda looks more mobile than half our squad too...

Because of this I would rather we go big on a striker (difficult, I know, in January) and start to phase out Rom. Screw him, he hasn't been shy about courting literally every other big club in Europe, we shouldn't feel obliged to play him while we integrate his replacement.

I think we will try and sign a good player.

Lukaku is too good a player to bin off to the reserves sadly or rather, too good a goalscorer.

I think we will try and sign a good player.

Lukaku is too good a player to bin off to the reserves sadly or rather, too good a goalscorer.
Not binned off, just not first name on the team sheet for every game every week. If we are safe in, say, March and we have a quality striker signed up in Jan then they should be first choice from then on and Rom can come on from the bench. We owe this dude nothing.

Not binned off, just not first name on the team sheet for every game every week. If we are safe in, say, March and we have a quality striker signed up in Jan then they should be first choice from then on and Rom can come on from the bench. We owe this dude nothing.

I think certain people at the club seem to think he will stick around in the Summer and theres a chance he will, a very small chance, he wanted out this Summer, but nobody wanted to spend the 70m cos as a footballer hes terrible.

So we would be prudent to at least try to retain him.

If we get a player to link up the midfield and attack, Lukaku would shine with proper service.

I think certain people at the club seem to think he will stick around in the Summer and theres a chance he will, a very small chance, he wanted out this Summer, but nobody wanted to spend the 70m cos as a footballer hes terrible.

If we get a player to link up the midfield and attack, Lukaku would shine with proper service.

And the (big) club in England who have the player to make that happen, and who are also on course to record their lowest PL goals total ever, are.....hopefully unaware of that.

And the (big) club in England who have the player to make that happen, and who are also on course to record their lowest PL goals total ever, are.....hopefully unaware of that.
Who are Man U selling us? Not Mata again? Is Riquelme driving him over with Moutinho and Dickov?

Agreed. Not confident he'll be staying though. Raiola needs to make his money.

Agreed. Not confident he'll be staying though. Raiola needs to make his money.

Well looking at his stable, Lukaku seems to be his only money making player this Summer, I mean he could make a few pennies getting him to sign a new contract, but thats chicken feed, I have no doubt that he rings PSG and other clubs on a daily basis.

4, or was it 3, years ago, £28m was a serious buy for a serially loaned player mind.

Dunno mate, he had proved over 2 seasons he could score goals, it was a risk for us, 28m at that time was so unEverton it was unreal, but for other clubs it was just a punt they had done many, many times.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were suggesting Man U would sell us a player to unleash Lukaku not the other way around.

Well I very much hope they do!

I have been told by a semi reliable source, that the said player is aware of the terms we will offer. Will he come? IMO, maybe, bordering on doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back