Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellaini would be a good move on loan, considering we play hoof ball at the moment and we only have one player that can head a ball being Mori.

Can't have enough options as at the moment we have a plan A and that's it

Koeman doesn't want us playing hoofball. He said as much in his presser today

Koeman doesn't want us playing hoofball. He said as much in his presser today
Oh well, if he says it in a presser.

Come on, I know you like the guy, but who sets up the team? Who directs training? Who picks the players? Who makes the subs?

If he doesn't want to play long balls then the team won't. They didn't do it under Martinez. Does Koeman have less control over the team than Bobby? Is that really what you are saying? If so, things are worse than I thought.

Schneiderlin couldn't get in a poor Utd side, so what's to say he'll improve an equally poor Everton side?
Every transfer is a risk however he will replace Barry which Needs to happen yesterday clearly he was very good for Southampton. Personally I don't think he has the strength of character to play for united looks a bit overwhelmed at times but in his defence not many have looked good for united over the last few years.

Hallo mein Friends, its that time of the week that I just know you are have all been waiting for, just to remind you of the hot list from last week :

GK Stéphane Ruffier
RB Ricardo Domingos Barbosa Pereira
LB Fernando Marçal Oliveira
CB Virgil van Dijk
CB Willi Orban
DM Diego Demme
CM Fábio Henrique Tavares
CM Giacomo "Jack" Bonaventura
RW Mohamed Salah Ghaly
CF Andrea Belotti
LW Karl Toko Ekambi

And I will now present to you "HotList2, sponsored by Aero"

Stéphane Ruffier Saint-Etienne, 30, GK
Retaining his place in goal is still the boy Steph, head and shoulders above everybody else.
Ricardo Pereira Nice, 23, D(LR),M(R)
At RB we still have RiccyP.
Fernando Marçal Guingamp, 27, D(L)
At LB its again our Fernando, he wasnt the best, Alex Sandro and the boy Luis are better "options", but not considered for obvs reasons
Loic Perrin Saint-Etienne, 31, D(C)
Our first change this week, sees Loic come in for Willi, Loic was overlooked last week due to him being the wrong side of 30, but his continued good form has given him a chance, its on him to maintain his excellent form.
Virgil van Dijk Southampton, 25, D(C)
Van Dirge
Johannes Geis Schalke 04, 23, DMC
Another change with Johnny picked ahead of the boy Diego, well done J.
Fabinho Monaco, 23, D(R),DMC
Faby has again maintained his wonderful form and is without doubt the hottest CM in Europe currently
Giacomo Bonaventura AC Milan, 27, AM(CLR)
Jack also retains his place, interesting fact, he shares an agent with a certain Mr Lukaku and Mr Pogba, his place is far from secure tho, he has 3-4 players pushing him hard for a spot and hes gonna have to play well to retain his spot.
Ryad Boudebouz Montpellier, 26, M(CR),FW
A new feature this week is the inclusion of 2 extra players, 1 at ACM and 1 at Striker, just to add "options", Ryad isnt the best, Ozil is, but I see no reason to list Ozil.
Felipe Anderson Lazio, 23, M(CLR)
Felipe pushes Salah to the bench here, well done Felipe, take your chance Friend.
Adem Ljajic Torino, 25, AM(CLR),FW
Another change sees Adem replacing Toko on the left, he was 4th in line, Coutinho, Insigne and Neymar were excluded, Insigne could maybe be got, but screw him, we want hungry players.
Andrea Belotti Torino, 22, FW
3rd choice behind Sanchez and Dzeko, is yet again our boy Andrea, keep it going champ.
Alexandre Lacazette Lyon, 25, M(LR),FW
And the new 2nd option up top spot has gone to the dwarf from France.

Which would mean the hot list would look something like this, personal preference :

Ruffier
Pereira - Van Dijk -Perrin - Oliveira
Geis - Fabinho
Anderson - Boubebouz - Ljajic
Belotti

Thanks for reading Friends, tune in next week around this time for the next thrilling hot list.

Come on, I know you like the guy, but who sets up the team? Who directs training? Who picks the players? Who makes the subs?

If he doesn't want to play long balls then the team won't. They didn't do it under Martinez. Does Koeman have less control over the team than Bobby? Is that really what you are saying? If so, things are worse than I thought.

Well i'm sure there are instructions to go direct.

I think what he said was telling though. He said that because there was space, he wanted us to play it out from the back, but we didn't and that played into Watford's hands because they're a bigger, more physical side.

And no, but this team have proved loads of times over the past 2 years they aren't capable of playing 'smart' when needed (or with any consistency).

Think who hoofs it the most, Mori, who has always been a hoof merchant, Williams who is an old school safety first CB and the boy Stickleback, who is again an old school keeper, he might pick the team, but he cant control people launching it to row Z, for the record he said they do that cos they lack confidence in the players ahead of them.

Hallo mein Friends, its that time of the week that I just know you are have all been waiting for, just to remind you of the hot list from last week :

GK Stéphane Ruffier
RB Ricardo Domingos Barbosa Pereira
LB Fernando Marçal Oliveira
CB Virgil van Dijk
CB Willi Orban
DM Diego Demme
CM Fábio Henrique Tavares
CM Giacomo "Jack" Bonaventura
RW Mohamed Salah Ghaly
CF Andrea Belotti
LW Karl Toko Ekambi

And I will now present to you "HotList2, sponsored by Aero"

Stéphane Ruffier Saint-Etienne, 30, GK
Retaining his place in goal is still the boy Steph, head and shoulders above everybody else.
Ricardo Pereira Nice, 23, D(LR),M(R)
At RB we still have RiccyP.
Fernando Marçal Guingamp, 27, D(L)
At LB its again our Fernando, he wasnt the best, Alex Sandro and the boy Luis are better "options", but not considered for obvs reasons
Loic Perrin Saint-Etienne, 31, D(C)
Our first change this week, sees Loic come in for Willi, Loic was overlooked last week due to him being the wrong side of 30, but his continued good form has given him a chance, its on him to maintain his excellent form.
Virgil van Dijk Southampton, 25, D(C)
Van Dirge
Johannes Geis Schalke 04, 23, DMC
Another change with Johnny picked ahead of the boy Diego, well done J.
Fabinho Monaco, 23, D(R),DMC
Faby has again maintained his wonderful form and is without doubt the hottest CM in Europe currently
Giacomo Bonaventura AC Milan, 27, AM(CLR)
Jack also retains his place, interesting fact, he shares an agent with a certain Mr Lukaku and Mr Pogba, his place is far from secure tho, he has 3-4 players pushing him hard for a spot and hes gonna have to play well to retain his spot.
Ryad Boudebouz Montpellier, 26, M(CR),FW
A new feature this week is the inclusion of 2 extra players, 1 at ACM and 1 at Striker, just to add "options", Ryad isnt the best, Ozil is, but I see no reason to list Ozil.
Felipe Anderson Lazio, 23, M(CLR)
Felipe pushes Salah to the bench here, well done Felipe, take your chance Friend.
Adem Ljajic Torino, 25, AM(CLR),FW
Another change sees Adem replacing Toko on the left, he was 4th in line, Coutinho, Insigne and Neymar were excluded, Insigne could maybe be got, but screw him, we want hungry players.
Andrea Belotti Torino, 22, FW
3rd choice behind Sanchez and Dzeko, is yet again our boy Andrea, keep it going champ.
Alexandre Lacazette Lyon, 25, M(LR),FW
And the new 2nd option up top spot has gone to the dwarf from France.

Which would mean the hot list would look something like this, personal preference :

Ruffier
Pereira - Van Dijk -Perrin - Oliveira
Geis - Fabinho
Anderson - Boubebouz - Ljajic
Belotti

Thanks for reading Friends, tune in next week around this time for the next thrilling hot list.

Can't wait..

Well i'm sure there are instructions to go direct.

I think what he said was telling though. He said that because there was space, he wanted us to play it out from the back, but we didn't and that played into Watford's hands because they're a bigger, more physical side.

And no, but this team have proved loads of times over the past 2 years they aren't capable of playing 'smart' when needed (or with any consistency).
In which case, I hope he makes an example of the players who ignored his instructions and leaves them out of the team. I strongly suspect he won't though. If he doesn't I will doubt his version of events regarding Watford.

The player who lumps it forward the most, the technically limited Williams, is his man. We keep hearing about how we should wait until Koeman has his team before judging him but the hoofmeister general is Koeman's player.

Think who hoofs it the most, Mori, who has always been a hoof merchant, Williams who is an old school safety first CB and the boy Stickleback, who is again an old school keeper, he might pick the team, but he cant control people launching it to row Z, for the record he said they do that cos they lack confidence in the players ahead of them.
2 out of 3 of them are Koeman buys. Just saying. Even though he doesn't want to play hoofball.

In which case, I hope he makes an example of the players who ignored his instructions and leaves them out of the team. I strongly suspect he won't though. If he doesn't I will doubt his version of events regarding Watford.

The player who lumps it forward the most, the technically limited Williams, is his man. We keep hearing about how we should wait until Koeman has his team before judging him but the hoofmeister general is Koeman's player.

The last CB we had that tried to play football was jeered out the club, it comes as no surprise to me that our defenders hoof first.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back