Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Valencia continues his good performances I doubt we'll even need to buy a new striker tbh. Other than getting him permanently of course.

...he worked really hard and did well against Arsenal but he would do if he's fighting for a new contract. We need quality to take us to the next level, forwards who score and create goals from nothing. Valencia needs to demonstrate quality.

Velencia has shown a good work ethic and pace but not much in the way of goals and creating chances. So a striker is still a must.
Don't know much about this guy Rodrigo from Valencia apart from the odd goal from CL highlights, on that showing he looked better than anything we currently have on the bench with respect to Velencia and Lewin.

Velencia has shown a good work ethic and pace but not much in the way of goals and creating chances. So a striker is still a must.
Don't know much about this guy Rodrigo from Valencia apart from the odd goal from CL highlights, on that showing he looked better than anything we currently have on the bench with respect to Velencia and Lewin.

Well, he's only started one game in fairness, and we created much more chances in that game than we have in about two months.

Long term, I don't think anyone would say he's the answer, but he is the template we should be looking at.

Rodrigo is a weird one. Never been a great goalscorer, but he's often been shunted out wide in his career. Was good at Benfica but hasn't really kicked on since going to Valencia.

...Manchester Evening News suggesting Depay and Schneiderlin are close to being done deals. I would hope they have an insight into what is happening at OT;

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...chester-united-transfer-news-memphis-12327646

Regardless, the indication that we are already on with negotiations is encouraging rather that a standing start on the 1st January.
Don't pay any attention to what the MEN says mate. They spent the whole summer saying Stones was off to City.... Oh wait....

Thing is for all the valencia love in at the minute.

Would any active striker/wider player do just a good a role? Seems to be forgotton that valencia is literally the best we have and the lad doesn't score hardly any in english football. If he is doing a decent job then fine, can deal with that this year, but longer term i don't want to keep him and hope the club don't want to either.

Thing is for all the valencia love in at the minute.

Would any active striker/wider player do just a good a role? Seems to be forgotton that valencia is literally the best we have and the lad doesn't score hardly any in english football. If he is doing a decent job then fine, can deal with that this year, but longer term i don't want to keep him and hope the club don't want to either.

I almost agree, but if you consider his fee, 14m is chicken feed in this market, for a player who is comfortable in the league, sure we could do better, but theres a risk involved, anyway, we or the club dont have to make a decision on him for at least the next 6months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back