Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Manchester Evening News suggesting Depay and Schneiderlin are close to being done deals. I would hope they have an insight into what is happening at OT;

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...chester-united-transfer-news-memphis-12327646

Regardless, the indication that we are already on with negotiations is encouraging rather that a standing start on the 1st January.

From that article alone

Last year, divisive midfielder Tom Cleverley joined Everton on a free transfer.

And apparently we are harsh on Snivelley

Jose isn't the manager he was the first time he was at Cheslea. Back then those players would run through brick walls for him, he built them up and gave them the confidence to be the best they could be. I think he did the same at Inter but since Real Madrid he's been bitter and almost spiteful toward talented players. They were superstars and he was no longer the main event. When he went back to Chelsea it was very much the same and now at United too. As for youth players etc. I think the attitude in young players has changed maybe and he struggles to impose himself there too? Most are rich before really establishing themselves in the first team and i'd imagine the drive to succeed when you already have a Bentley and a mansion at 19 is different to players 15-20 years ago who had to play well and earn bigger better contracts. It's what sets the great young players apart from the rest i guess. From reading (and nothing else) i get the impression Depay is a little like that. Clearly exceptionally talented but not the superstar he thinks he already is. It looks like Jose has just given up on him (and the likes of Schneiderlin) because at United they can.... where as most other clubs when investing £50m in two players try to make them work.
I think he has just lost his aura combined with not changing his tactics.

Pep moved from pissey passy barca to bayern and added something to his team. Jose hasn't really done that, and the fact he can fail so quickly after success at these clubs makes him not seem the special one so to speak, but just another manager.

Best thing he could have done is have took a job on like us, where he can rebuild himself as well as a team, because players now know they can get him sacked if they don't agree with his methods. Compared to as you say inter and chelsea where they followed his instruction without question.

I think he has just lost his aura combined with not changing his tactics.

Pep moved from pissey passy barca to bayern and added something to his team. Jose hasn't really done that, and the fact he can fail so quickly after success at these clubs makes him not seem the special one so to speak, but just another manager.

Best thing he could have done is have took a job on like us, where he can rebuild himself as well as a team, because players now know they can get him sacked if they don't agree with his methods. Compared to as you say inter and chelsea where they followed his instruction without question.
Spending 200 million each summer at United to win titles/trophies is great and all that but you're right, win a title with us and you can really call yourself the special one. Same for Pep, i'll believe he's the greatest manager in the world when i see him take a team of average players and transform them into winners without spending 50m+ per player. Not trying to belittle his accomplishments, i just think most managers would win trophies with Bayern, Barca and now City.

Can't see Sunderland selling him, he could be the difference between relegation and survival. If they go down they could still demand a hefty fee for him so may as well wait till the summer.

i was thinking it would be crazy for them to sell, but then again...they look like they are going down so maybe they need to take a risk by selling to get funds in, same goes with lamine kone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back