Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Abel Xavier the last one to make that move mate?

Remember us getting Sheedy from them in the eighties. All my RS mates said they cba as he would never get a regular game with them as they had Ronnie Whelan. I know which I'd prefer.

Aye forgot about Xavier was a couple of seasons after barmby I think. We got Beardsley and ablett off them though so no problems for me on getting ex rs. Long as they do the job for us

We badly need a left back, as Baines is a perma-crock and Oviedo isn't good enough. Hopefully we can manage to sell the part of Koeman's brain that makes him think 5 at the back is a good formation for Everton.

Players we've signed from 'them' have done very well generally. Johnny Morrisey and Kevin Sheedy are up in the 'legends' camp.

Thing is and it may soumnd wierd initially, is any player who has moved to us from them will actually have a much better understanding of how big a club we actually are (especially in the City) and usually a bit of a grudge against them as well which always goes down nicely ;)

Put it this way seeign Sturridge startign against them for us would give me the hope he'd be determined to ram the rejection down Klopps throat, not a bad thing.

Fair enough he is made of weetabix and does have an utter bellend of a dance to counter that, but really don't see any striker out there we could get who'd be half as good as him either

Thing is and it may soumnd wierd initially, is any player who has moved to us from them will actually have a much better understanding of how big a club we actually are (especially in the City) and usually a bit of a grudge against them as well which always goes down nicely ;)

Put it this way seeign Sturridge startign against them for us would give me the hope he'd be determined to ram the rejection down Klopps throat, not a bad thing.

Fair enough he is made of weetabix and does have an utter bellend of a dance to counter that, but really don't see any striker out there we could get who'd be half as good as him either
I'd sign Donald Trump if he stuck the ball in the onion bag every other week.

We badly need a left back, as Baines is a perma-crock and Oviedo isn't good enough. Hopefully we can manage to sell the part of Koeman's brain that makes him think 5 at the back is a good formation for Everton.
I'd take luke Shaw don't rate him near what they paid but perhaps there's a deal in there somewhere for us

Fatty

Worked with someone who got shagged by Luke Shaw in a woods
He isn't fat you simply couldn't play premier league football if you were fat anymore. He posted a picture of himself on crutches a few weeks after his injury not an ounce of fat on him.

I reckon you could put an argument forward that we badly need a player in every position going.

Keeper - Badly need a proper one
LB - as you say
RB - Coleman is on the list
CB - Jagielka is having a Phil Neville
DM - Barry is 100 years old
AM - Barkley has issues
CF - Lukaku is on his own. Always. Forever.

We badly need a proper squad of footballers.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.webp
    IMG_1057.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 130
I reckon you could put an argument forward that we badly need a player in every position going.

Keeper - Badly need a proper one
LB - as you say
RB - Coleman is on the list
CB - Jagielka is having a Phil Neville
DM - Barry is 100 years old
AM - Barkley has issues
CF - Lukaku is on his own. Always. Forever.

We badly need a proper squad of footballers.

agreed. i'd say another CM/DM who could hopefully play the role of barry or gueye. I think we can have barkley playing the current gueye role in certain games, and then we have barry, gueye, mccarthy, besic, davies and gibson, a fair few numbers there and none of them are exactly terrible. But yeah, we bought about 3 or 4 players too little in the summer, at least the club know that as well, when it's been a glaring issue for years. We really need 2 strikers tbh, and have plenty of squad players who could be offloaded, but nobody really wants them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back