Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we are purely sell to buy.... What if though we are sell to buy everything Koeman wants?

If say we sold Barkley, but brought in Depay, Schneiderlin, Dzagoev and Van Dijk....would that be considered a gain or a loss?

That is probably a net of 55m(ish) spend and I can't see us going higher than that (if that high). Have to think we need to free up some cash if VVD is on the shopping list.

Then potential sales of McCarthy and dregs (if they come off) to free up other purchases (stuff like Lookman, Avari or the like).

Don't really think we will sell Ross, but then again I think if Koeman thought it meant VVD he just might....

Unlikely we'll put our finger on the Dijk ........ as plenty of CL clubs are sniffing about but Kongolo of Feyenoord might be a goer.

Galloway looked better than baines last season. Baines has been nothing like he was 3+ years ago...game vs arsenal he was good but lets see if he keeps up and improves that level.

lots were saying he was finished before the arsenal game...
Galloway was an utter liability going forward. Moves continuously broke down with him. He was quite good defensively, I'll give him that but, no, he was not better than Baines.

No mate, Galloway didn't look better than Baines last year, he looked much better than we thought he would do - but thats completely different.

The stats back me up on it btw, Baines per 90 created more, did more defensive actions, and made less errors. and the team conceded goals at a much reduced rate when he was playing (if you remember i gave you those stats at the time)

Is Baines as good as he was - obviously not, is he far better than the majority of left backs in this league still - then yes, people really saying that Baines was finished before the Arsenal game, then there daft or just doing the typical picking out a player to suit there agenda against that player.

id love to continue this but ive just been attacked by a dog....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back