Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither.

Hard to say what Koeman/Walsh will do. So far, they've gone for players with experience in the league. Walsh seems to have had a different approach at Leicester, though he was there longer. As for Koeman, it seems as though Les Reed signed all the players so god knows what part he will play.

The club aimed for players that can come in and hit the ground running, i.e players who have played in the league and at the right age, the aim was European football, its still very much a target, so I personally dont think we will change our targets.

Premier League players in the 25-30 age bracket.

The club aimed for players that can come in and hit the ground running, i.e players who have played in the league and at the right age, the aim was European football, its still very much a target, so I personally dont think we will change our targets.

Premier League players in the 25-30 age bracket.

Not too many from the hot list then.

Just for "fun".

I will do a Premier League Hot list.

I will ignore players from the "top 6" clubs, Utd, City, Chelsea, Vermin, Arse, Spurs, just cos.

I literally watch no football other than Everton. Don't play FIFA or FM. I basically haven't got a clue, other than we desperately need several new players.

We have four positions we actually have to fill. Priority is defensive midfield for me with Gana gone, then next in line is a playmaker, a goalkeeper and a striker.

Basically, the spine of the squad needs to be rebuilt completely. We're well past the end of this current lots lifespan.

We have four positions we actually have to fill. Priority is defensive midfield for me with Gana gone, then next in line is a playmaker, a goalkeeper and a striker.

Basically, the spine of the squad needs to be rebuilt completely. We're well past the end of this current lots lifespan.

Schneiderlin is the one, hopefully, to fill that holding/box-to-box role.

anyone else hope stekelenberg's injury is fairly bad so we can be forced into buying a new keeper now. I like robles, but he won't be good enough for where we want to get to. Stek is good enough to be our 3rd choice. Pickford seems the major one long term, but i would like us to get him and a more experienced keeper who will be first choice for the rest of the season and beyond, so would sort of like stek to be out for a while to force us into action so to speak.

anyone else hope stekelenberg's injury is fairly bad so we can be forced into buying a new keeper now. I like robles, but he won't be good enough for where we want to get to. Stek is good enough to be our 3rd choice. Pickford seems the major one long term, but i would like us to get him and a more experienced keeper who will be first choice for the rest of the season and beyond, so would sort of like stek to be out for a while to force us into action so to speak.

Knowing Everton, we'll still miss out on a keeper even if Stek is hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back