Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main issue is our creativity in the final third we havent goy anyone whatsoever, whether this is down to the movement of players or just that our players can't seem to open anything up. Berkleys final ball is atrocious as a number 10.

Its painful watching Ross, ive never seen somebody look so lost and alone surrounded by 40k people.

The demons in his head are frightening, he has regressed at such an alarming rate the last 2 years its just unreal.

It is, and I can't defend him anymore. He can't seem to play a quick, incisive pass, and that's literally his main job. He holds onto it far too long and it gets easily cut out seemingly every time. Can't see us buying a replacement though, can you Goat?

It is, and I can't defend him anymore. He can't seem to play a quick, incisive pass, and that's literally his main job. He holds onto it far too long and it gets easily cut out seemingly every time. Can't see us buying a replacement though, can you Goat?

Yes mate, I can see us buying a CM and a Striker, making Barkleys role in the team null and void.

I had a quick little look over Koemans tactics at Saints, from what I can see he doesnt play a number 10 playmaker, he plays 2 pretty mobile CMs who link the attack, he plays a big lumping monster as the number 9 focal point and a fast nippy mobile number 10 SS behind him, with 2 out and out wingers.

So whilst we might not buy a number 10 playmaker to "replace" Ross, his role in the team will become null and void, hence why the stories linking him away make more sense than they should.

You think Koeman operates a strict 2 passes and hoof policy?

None of these players can pass it more than twice and its mainly down to movement off the ball, none of our players make it easy for the player with the ball, static doesnt even begin to cover it, its what happens when a team is struggling, people hide from the ball and they rush passes just to get rid of it and go back under their rock.

Spineless is a harsh word, but some of our players really are utter craphouses.

Yes, Koeman employed long ball at the saints, Pelle being the focal point of it. And the setup when he signed bolasie was painfully obvious, as in get the ball to him first.

The players do take blame, but koeman also. When a new manager comes into a team his stamp can be seen. I said it in another post, Bobby bollocks got a team of work horses passing and over playing, yellow teeth got a gang of fairy boys running none stop, Conte got a group of deflated egotistical beaut's playing for each other.

He needs players, in fact he needs a new spine of a team. But don't automatically think that he will all of a sudden banish this long ball system because it's something he's talked about in the past as being beneficial

Yes mate, I can see us buying a CM and a Striker, making Barkleys role in the team null and void.

I had a quick little look over Koemans tactics at Saints, from what I can see he doesnt play a number 10 playmaker, he plays 2 pretty mobile CMs who link the attack, he plays a big lumping monster as the number 9 focal point and a fast nippy mobile number 10 SS behind him, with 2 out and out wingers.

So whilst we might not buy a number 10 playmaker to "replace" Ross, his role in the team will become null and void, hence why the stories linking him away make more sense than they should.

Perhaps that's why the Gabbiadini rumours persist, sounds like the definition of a nippy SS. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a playmaker, but it sounds like quick, direct and wide is the way he wants to play.

Yes, Koeman employed long ball at the saints, Pelle being the focal point of it. And the setup when he signed bolasie was painfully obvious, as in get the ball to him first.

The players do take blame, but koeman also. When a new manager comes into a team his stamp can be seen. I said it in another post, Bobby bollocks got a team of work horses passing and over playing, yellow teeth got a gang of fairy boys running none stop, Conte got a group of deflated egotistical beaut's playing for each other.

He needs players, in fact he needs a new spine of a team. But don't automatically think that he will all of a sudden banish this long ball system because it's something he's talked about in the past as being beneficial

But given we had the complete opposite for two years, I have no issue with 'going direct'.

The problem is the players we do have currently aren't very good at it. Koeman should see that, but at the same time even when we try to play the short stuff, they can't do that very well anymore (as proved by two consecutive 11 placed finishes).

But given we had the complete opposite for two years, I have no issue with 'going direct'.

The problem is the players we do have currently aren't very good at it. Koeman should see that, but at the same time even when we try to play the short stuff, they can't do that very well anymore (as proved by two consecutive 11 placed finishes).

Considering I had discussions with both dave and you over this issue with Bobby and was told "it's OK it'll click, we're playing good football". I love direct football, but direct football as a purpose, hitting it long to a centre forward who can't control a bag of cement is not direct football.

If he wants to employ long ball, then it's fine as long as the team is setup accordingly. You need a centre who can control a ball first off, then you need midfielder's who are there and ready to pick up the loose ball. You're then in the oppositionsame half and ready to build, possibly overloading them.

Hitting it long and leaving the centre forward exposed is not the same.

Perhaps that's why the Gabbiadini rumours persist, sounds like the definition of a nippy SS. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a playmaker, but it sounds like quick, direct and wide is the way he wants to play.

Koeman likes fast direct football, with his players pressing, he loves the punt to the big man up top, the balls into the box, its unlikely he will change those tactics, merely buy players able to play the system he wants.

Im a massive fan of the style Koeman wants us to play, in the next 12months it will become clearer, I do admit it currently is not pretty on the eye and im not putting it all on the players, its a collective failure currently, even the tea lady is underperforming.

Problem with direct is that it doesn't work when the player hoofing it is the one who should be receiving the ball once the striker controls it.

We had it under martinez last season, we have it now. In fact how do you expect Lukaku to score goals when he is controlling 40 yard passes on the half way line with no-one to give it to before ultimately losing possession again? More so, even if he does bring it down and control it, does he stand there waiting for players to get forward, does he try to take the whole defence on by himself and run nearly half the length of the pitch?

and it is always the same, very rarely do we hoof it and have some support up there, because when we do, we look dangerous doing it.

Considering I had discussions with both dave and you over this issue with Bobby and was told "it's OK it'll click, we're playing good football". I love direct football, but direct football as a purpose, hitting it long to a centre forward who can't control a bag of cement is not direct football.

If he wants to employ long ball, then it's fine as long as the team is setup accordingly. You need a centre who can control a ball first off, then you need midfielder's who are there and ready to pick up the loose ball. You're then in the oppositionsame half and ready to build, possibly overloading them.

Issue is we also don't have enough players who chip in with goals as well.

We need to play Rom as he's the only player you'd back to score every time.

So while he's here, he has to play as his goals are so vital. But he needs somebody to compliment him. Gabbiadini - for people who haven't watched him play - would be that kind of player.

We then need players with energy around him to pick up scraps as he can't hold onto it, and in the rare occasion he does, never has support anyway.

Problem with direct is that it doesn't work when the player hoofing it is the one who should be receiving the ball once the striker controls it.

We had it under martinez last season, we have it now. In fact how do you expect Lukaku to score goals when he is controlling 40 yard passes on the half way line with no-one to give it to before ultimately losing possession again? More so, even if he does bring it down and control it, does he stand there waiting for players to get forward, does he try to take the whole defence on by himself and run nearly half the length of the pitch?

and it is always the same, very rarely do we hoof it and have some support up there, because when we do, we look dangerous doing it.

I'm not disagreeing, but I look at this side and know they can't play the other way either, which is why the need for new players who can mix it up is so vital

Spot on! Leicester won the league with the long ball game, they never hoofed it up to Vardy, the threaded the ball through to him to run onto, something our lot are incapable of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back