Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue is we also don't have enough players who chip in with goals as well.

We need to play Rom as he's the only player you'd back to score every time.

So while he's here, he has to play as his goals are so vital. But he needs somebody to compliment him. Gabbiadini - for people who haven't watched him play - would be that kind of player.

We then need players with energy around him to pick up scraps as he can't hold onto it, and in the rare occasion he does, never has support anyway.

The most ironic thing is he spent £25m on a player who doesn't contribute enough goals and made him one of the focal points of our attack. Even with him in the side, a player blessed with energy and pace, he was miles off lukaku when the balls came pouring down

The entire setup is bizzare IMO. I can't see any game plan or pattern emerging.

The most ironic thing is he spent £25m on a player who doesn't contribute enough goals and made him one of the focal points of our attack. Even with him in the side, a player blessed with energy and pace, he was miles off lukaku when the balls came pouring down

The entire setup is bizzare IMO. I can't see any game plan or pattern emerging.

And even been 'miles away' he's still our leading assister/chance creator.

I understand the frustration with Bolasie, but when our other options are so dross then it baffles me why people didn't think we'd miss him.

But anyway, he's injured now. We need players. And quick.

And even been 'miles away' he's still our leading assister/chance creator.

I understand the frustration with Bolasie, but when our other options are so dross then it baffles me why people didn't think we'd miss him.

But anyway, he's injured now. We need players. And quick.

It's a percentage game isn't it, he's the only one really consistently up top with Rom, the only one who played almost every game. Chances are he'll have the most assists

Now is not the time, you gotta let the people vent.

Hot list 3, sponsored by heartache and sorrow :

Stéphane Ruffier Saint-Etienne, 30, GK

Ricardo Pereira Nice, 23, D(LR),M(R)
Fernando Marçal Guingamp, 27, D(L)
Loic Perrin Saint-Etienne, 31, D(C)
Virgil van Dijk Southampton, 25, D(C)

Johannes Geis Schalke 04, 23, DMC
Fabinho Monaco, 23, D(R),DMC
Giacomo Bonaventura AC Milan, 27, AM(CLR)
Emil ForsbergRasenBallsport Leipzig, 25, AM(CL)

Ivan PerisicInter, 27, AM(CLR)
Felipe AndersonLazio, 23, M(CLR)

Andrea BelottiTorino, 23, FW
Edin DzekoRoma, 30, FW

Very few changes, the boy Forsberg being the most noteworthy IMO.

What is this crap Mouts

The demons in his head are frightening, he has regressed at such an alarming rate the last 2 years its just unreal.

Well put. Of all the players in the team, there's few that Everton fans want to succeed more, but patience for a local lad will only extend so far. He looks like a world-beater in bursts but, in the end, a good player won't be defined by his peak, but by how consistently he can reach it. It's abundantly clear to me that Ross doesn't have the mindset of a top player

He still contributed much more in all the games he played than Kev, Del or Lennon have when they've played mate.

Because he's the focal point, it's like saying rom has scored more goals than anyone else. The game plan was to get it up top to bolasie as quick as possible.

I'm not going to argue this bolasie thing again, he was not known for his scoring at palace and was known fir being extremely inconsistent, that's what we got.

Unfortunately the lad got injured but he's not the creative, neat footballer we needed. He was bought for his raw pace to turn defence into a attack in the shortest time possible. At saints he had mane, a player with more composure and natural ability on the ball

Because he's the focal point, it's like saying rom has scored more goals than anyone else. The game plan was to get it up top to bolasie as quick as possible.

I'm not going to argue this bolasie thing again, he was not known for his scoring at palace and was known fir being extremely inconsistent, that's what we got.

Unfortunately the lad got injured but he's not the creative, neat footballer we needed. He was bought for his raw pace to turn defence into a attack in the shortest time possible. At saints he had mane, a player with more composure and natural ability on the ball

But I don't get why so many people were so quick to jump on a player who was actually good in his first few months here, yet seemingly stand by these players who haven't been good enough for two years?

But yeh, I see your point. Mane is better than Bolasie.

I know I've done something like this before and today isn't the best day to go over it again. I rather think I'd do a similar hatchet job on most other PL teams:

In order (the earlier the better)

Must Start: Gana, Lukaku
Might Start: Coleman, Baines, Barkley, Williams
Might get a game, or on the bench: McCarthy, Bolasie (inj), Besic (inj), (Davies, Browning, DCL, Holgate), RFM, Geri, Mirallas
Should be replaced (on the way out): Stek/Robles, Lennon, Jags, Barry
Really Must go: Oviedo, Gibson, Kone, Cleverley, Garbutt, McGeady, Niasse
No Idea: Tarashaj

Summary: in 18 months time I'll be disappointed if we haven't had a proper overhaul of this side.

But I don't get why so many people were so quick to jump on a player who was actually good in his first few months here, yet seemingly stand by these players who haven't been good enough for two years?

But yeh, I see your point. Mane is better than Bolasie.

I'm defending nobody, I'd bin them all off. Lukaku and Barkley included, the only one I would keep is gueye if I'm honest. Everyone else is open for offers.

I don't like bolasie, never rated him at palace and all the media wank fest over him, in my eyes he was very inconsistent and lack of composure. His main asset is playing against some like pep, martinez etc were huge holes are left down the flanks, then he can exploit it. General footballing ability, nope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back