Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this window is really important for 2 reasons. 1 being the obvious. But I think 2 is a bit more important. We need to see SOMETHING in the second half of the season to show that there is good reason to continue. Let's say we get what we are thinking, 3-4 players. If Koeman persists on this absolutely turgid football with a good chunk of HIS players in, that's got to be very worrisome.

On the flip side, I am completely open to the idea that it's all on the current crop of players. If there is something in the second half of the season that shows a dramatic improvement in a lot of areas, then we know who the culprits are.

I would absolutely love us to bring Vardy in. His pace and determination out wide supporting Rom in that inverted forward position is exactly what we need. Him and Schneiderlein would have us pressing much more in midfield.

Schneiderlein £24 million
Depay £20 million
Vardy £20 million
Van Dijk £40 Million

Would be made up with that would be a massive upgrade on what we have now.

Steklenburg

Coleman Van Dijk Williams Baines

Gueye Schneiderlein

Vardy Barkley Depay

Lukaku

Come on Moshiri break the effing bank you'll get the £100 million back from the TV money this/next season along with the likes of Cleverly, Lennon and Mirallas flogged.
There is no way we bring those people in... Schneiderlin is the only one out of that bunch I feel like we can get. If love VVD but I feel as if he will go to a higher team and there is no way Vardy leaves Leicester, especially for us when he's got other callers.... However, those would be some fantastic signings if Moshiri opened his wallet and Bill dug up that Arteta money.

I would absolutely love us to bring Vardy in. His pace and determination out wide supporting Rom in that inverted forward position is exactly what we need. Him and Schneiderlein would have us pressing much more in midfield.

Schneiderlein £24 million
Depay £20 million
Vardy £20 million
Van Dijk £40 Million

Would be made up with that would be a massive upgrade on what we have now.

Steklenburg

Coleman Van Dijk Williams Baines

Gueye Schneiderlein

Vardy Barkley Depay

Lukaku

Come on Moshiri break the effing bank you'll get the £100 million back from the TV money this/next season along with the likes of Cleverly, Lennon and Mirallas flogged.

Vardy is playing CL football and turned down Arsenal in the summer why in the would do you think he would want to come to us?!

How do we expect to attract after that crap. I friggin hate us sometimes. We miss the boat every time.

Time to lay the blame where the buck stops. Bill Kenwright. 20 years of terminal decline and plucky little everton. Embarrassing club and pathetic ambition.

Maybe if we'd protested we wouldn't still be in this sorry depressing state. Wouldn't want to look like kopites now tho would we. Must be awful having lost once in the last twenty. :rant:

How do we expect to attract after that crap. I friggin hate us sometimes. We miss the boat every time.

Time to lay the blame where the buck stops. Bill Kenwright. 20 years of terminal decline and plucky little everton. Embarrassing club and pathetic ambition.

Maybe if we'd protested we wouldn't still be in this sorry depressing state. Wouldn't want to look like kopites now tho would we. Must be awful having lost once in the last twenty. :rant:
far from being an embarrassing club mate, go to work or something.... please

I think this window is really important for 2 reasons. 1 being the obvious. But I think 2 is a bit more important. We need to see SOMETHING in the second half of the season to show that there is good reason to continue. Let's say we get what we are thinking, 3-4 players. If Koeman persists on this absolutely turgid football with a good chunk of HIS players in, that's got to be very worrisome.

On the flip side, I am completely open to the idea that it's all on the current crop of players. If there is something in the second half of the season that shows a dramatic improvement in a lot of areas, then we know who the culprits are.

The worrying thing is that this current crop of players could pass the ball last season.

It's tactics plain and simple. Anyone believing that international footballers cannot pass a ball must be extremely deluded.

You think Koeman operates a strict 2 passes and hoof policy?

None of these players can pass it more than twice and its mainly down to movement off the ball, none of our players make it easy for the player with the ball, static doesnt even begin to cover it, its what happens when a team is struggling, people hide from the ball and they rush passes just to get rid of it and go back under their rock.

Spineless is a harsh word, but some of our players really are utter craphouses.

How long have we been saying this now? At least 6 years I maybe?

It can't be that hard to find one.

A very long time, and yet no manager has seen fit to buy a Silva/Hazard/Eriksen type. There's no reason we couldn't unearth one, or even go for someone painfully obvious like Sigurdsson who would be a big upgrade. But alas. I can only assume they don't see it as a problem which is very worrying. I'm beyond done with Barkley in that role.

A very long time, and yet no manager has seen fit to buy a Silva/Hazard/Eriksen type. There's no reason we couldn't unearth one, or even go for someone painfully obvious like Sigurdsson who would be a big upgrade. But alas. I can only assume they don't see it as a problem which is very worrying. I'm beyond done with Barkley in that role.

Its painful watching Ross, ive never seen somebody look so lost and alone surrounded by 40k people.

The demons in his head are frightening, he has regressed at such an alarming rate the last 2 years its just unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back