Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jermain Defoe is the one I'd go for. Short term but perfect for Rom. An old fashioned pienaar esque left mid too though they do seem out of fashion. Keep McCarthy and besic fit and we are OK for now in the middle

I love the lad but i don't think Besic can stay fit for more than 5 minutes before his legs give out on him for another year.

I suggest we release a video on christmas day where we have kenwright dressed up as santa carrying a sack, do it really akward and cringy on a stage or something.

then he stumbles, drops the bag with a thump, and out crawls Sneiderlain having a moan at bill for a minute before realising the cameras on and turning to us and saying merry christmas everton.

Be the best christmas present ever.

But you need to see how i imagine it to know what i mean haha
Knowing our luck, he'd crawl out the bag with an exploded ACL and that would be that for a year.

I don't see what good the likes of Sigurdson will do when the ball is going to be launched over his head to Lukaku who is hopeless at holding up the ball or heading it on to another player?

People can ridicule what they call 'agricultural' football, but it's a really effective at negating all this pressing malarkey. And unless we somehow become capable of beating the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool at their own game (highly unlikely) then it's the best option to use when trying to compete with these clubs that are far, far more minted than either Moshiri or Everton.

It should be referred to as disruptive football, not agricultural football, because it does a really good job at disrupting the other team. If you put a good, tall and strong second striker in the team (someone who is capable of holding the ball up or heading it on to strikers) then the opposition is forced to put a player on him. That player will either be a centre half or a central midfielder. If it's a central midfielder then their pressing is significantly negated. If it's a centre half then you are making their back line disjointed, and Lukaku only has one instead of two centre halfs to deal with, he also has someone who is flicking the ball on to him for goal scoring opportunities.

I think someone like Fellaini would be much more effective for us than somebody like Sigurdson.

Jermain Defoe is the one I'd go for. Short term but perfect for Rom. An old fashioned pienaar esque left mid too though they do seem out of fashion. Keep McCarthy and besic fit and we are OK for now in the middle

Said the same for years...sadly hes sunderlands goalscorer and without him they go down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back