Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is a ridiculously over-dramatisation

It's a bad injury. There's nothing to indicate it's career-threatening.

For some players, it can be - like Gibson.

For others, like Arteta, they have to change the way they play.

For others, usually the big, physically strong players, like Strootman, they recover fine, even with a few set-backs.

The whole reason he's effective as a player is because of his pace and unorthodox movements. Having such major surgery on his leg will undoubtedly have a massive effect on his ability in those regards even once he fully recovers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't think of a single winger in recent memory whose had such an injury and come back to be the same player. And if he can't be the same player as before, well, what can he be then?! A central midfielder? No chance. A number 10? Probably not. A wing-back? Don't see it myself.

It's depressing but I think there's a very strong possibility he won't ever play more than a handful of games ever again if any at all for us, especially if Koeman isn't still here by 2018.

The whole reason he's effective as a player is because of his pace and unorthodox movements. Having such major surgery on his leg will undoubtedly have a massive effect on his ability in those regards even once he fully recovers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't think of a single winger in recent memory whose had such an injury and come back to be the same player. And if he can't be the same player as before, well, what can he be then?! A central midfielder? No chance. A number 10? Probably not. A wing-back? Don't see it myself.

It's depressing but I think there's a very strong possibility he won't ever play more than a handful of games ever again if any at all for us, especially if Koeman isn't still here by 2018.

This is my worry tbf. If there's any player in the league who will be most buggered by an ACL, it's Bolasie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back