Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its weird, doesnt make sense, Emery dropped him, Martinez dropped him, Koeman dropped him, when hes on the pitch he looks a bit raw, but hes got talent, something really doesnt add up.

Hasnt really kicked on as he should, wouldnt be against a move, but cant see it this window personally.

I think a loan move might be best for him. I think a big part of his problem is he's just not fit enough. A loan to Middlesborough may make sense.

Personally i just think Del is just not good enough, or at least hasn't been given the kick up the arse he needs. Too many managers haven't fancied him for anyone to really think he is some fantastic player now. It is stubborn denial to say he will be a boss player when as mentioned 5 managers so far have not even made him first choice, not even MArtinez had him first choice in the end. What does that tell you?

Is he talented? Yes he is, can he become a good player? yes he can. But based on 4 years of seeing him as a everton player, how many more years do you wait before you just admit maybe he isn't as good as we hoped he was?

Maybe unless he actually performs, he is massively replaceable in the team?

Personally i just think Del is just not good enough, or at least hasn't been given the kick up the arse he needs. Too many managers haven't fancied him for anyone to really think he is some fantastic player now. It is stubborn denial to say he will be a boss player when as mentioned 5 managers so far have not even made him first choice, not even MArtinez had him first choice in the end. What does that tell you?

Is he talented? Yes he is, can he become a good player? yes he can. But based on 4 years of seeing him as a everton player, how many more years do you wait before you just admit maybe he isn't as good as we hoped he was?

Maybe unless he actually performs, he is massively replaceable in the team?
Hard to disagree. I think at a team like Barca where he'd have minimal defensive duties, time on the ball and no one pressing him he'd look a world beater. He's exceptionally talented no doubt but doesn't have the stomach for the premierleague. My only worry with selling him (and the same goes for Ross) is that if he went somewhere else and they got a tune out of him we'll be left fuming at what we could of had.

Hard to disagree. I think at a team like Barca where he'd have minimal defensive duties, time on the ball and no one pressing him he'd look a world beater. He's exceptionally talented no doubt but doesn't have the stomach for the premierleague. My only worry with selling him (and the same goes for Ross) is that if he went somewhere else and they got a tune out of him we'll be left fuming at what we could of had.

That is a concern but if we can't get the best out of them and they stagnate then the team suffers. It is like us selling Niasse or Kone and they score 25 goals next season, hindsight is a bitch! haha

I think with ross, being part of the academy we can have more leeway, just sign someone to drop him for instead. Del, as much i wanted him to be boss for us, people paid to manage clubs are continuing to ignore him, if he was that good or at least had something to offer the team then why would they all not play him? Emery dropped him for being a tit as well btw.

Its weird, doesnt make sense, Emery dropped him, Martinez dropped him, Koeman dropped him, when hes on the pitch he looks a bit raw, but hes got talent, something really doesnt add up.

Hasnt really kicked on as he should, wouldnt be against a move, but cant see it this window personally.

As I said earlier Gout, looked a great player, has had opportunities this season and just failed to take the opportunity

Never known a player to hit the side netting as much as Del

He is the Fonte of all knowledge

m5NvI.gif

The whole reason he's effective as a player is because of his pace and unorthodox movements. Having such major surgery on his leg will undoubtedly have a massive effect on his ability in those regards even once he fully recovers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't think of a single winger in recent memory whose had such an injury and come back to be the same player. And if he can't be the same player as before, well, what can he be then?! A central midfielder? No chance. A number 10? Probably not. A wing-back? Don't see it myself.

It's depressing but I think there's a very strong possibility he won't ever play more than a handful of games ever again if any at all for us, especially if Koeman isn't still here by 2018.

Pretty sure Robben had plenty, and it never affected his pace.

It's a case-to-case basis. Some players will react differently. We have no idea what will happen with Bolasie, so instead of saying his career has ended why don't we try to at least be positive - it's not too much of a fantasy either, he could recover just fine.

....don't shoot the messenger but the Everton editor on the transfer rumour site has listed players he says he knows we have asked about. He's not saying we are buying but we are showing interest. The bits in brackets are his not mine;

Gabbiadani (last attempt)
Sebastian Rude
Sander Berge
Kasper Dolberg
Rafir Zekhinim
Rachid Ghezzal
Laminate Kone
Niklas Sule (won't happen)
Memphis Depay (United want a permanent deal, not a loan).
Sead Kolasinac (looking for a pre-contract)
Kevin Strootman (high risk, dumb move)
Josh Tymon
Ademola Lookman
Frederico Santander.

Players out;
James McCarthy, Niasse, David Henen, Liam Walsh.

He said he's not aware that we have enquired about Schneiderlin. Apologies if I've misspelt any.

Thanks for Eggs supplying the list of targets. These things are never caste in iron and as fans we will never get the exact lowdown of the transfer targets or strategy. However it is a useful starting point for analysis given the quantity of players involved.

In September I outlined how I thought we could and should move forward and we all wanted to see Walsh having more of an impact. When you look at the list above I think you can begin to see his involvement. At least 6 on that list of really unknown players. Kone, Depay and possibly Sule are probably the only ones who could be called well known household names.

The first thing that struck me was the ages of those we are linked with. Our of 14, 5 of them are teenagers (18 or younger) with 8 of them being aged 23 or under. Most of accept that we need to improve the physicality of the squad, bring some younger players in and that seems to have been Walsh’s brief. The oldest player on the list is Kone at 27 and only 4 of them are older than 25. I’m pleased to see us targeting this age range.

Most are from England, (4 in playing in the PL), but two players from Italy and Germany is interesting. The standout thing here though is the 3 lads from Scandanavia, which again is indicative of a broadening of the scouting base.

Positionally, all of the major positions are covered aside from right back and goalkeeper. I don’t think that’s a ringing endorsement for Stekelenberg but as acknowledgement that we can’t do too much at once. It is a tick for Coleman, but also for Kenny and particularly Holgate who may now be trusted to offer cover.

Of the positions we are targetting, there are 4 wingers, 3 central midfield players and 3 strikers. That probably reflects well the areas of the squad that most urgently need filling. As a bonus a left back and Centre half would be good.

In general the players look to be quite physically fit and also quite tall. The list looks far more realistic than some of the names in the Summer and more like the sort of signings Leicester would have made (which is no insult). I’ m happy to go along with that. Koeman will counter balance these lads with some proven players, hopefully like Schneiderlin but increasingly Walsh will target, younger lesser known players.

Our big job now though, will be to try and close 3-4 from the list above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back