Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should give the Williams/Mori partnership some time. Centre halves need to play alongside the same partner for a while to see what they're really made of. Even the best centre-half in the world could look poor with a brand new partner every game

Mori is just an utter donkey. I can only imagine Ronny looks at him in disgust daily.

He can defend tho, just whether we wanna put up with his wild swipes at times.

I think, long term, he's probably not the answer. I just don't see our defence as priority at the minute. They just have an extra workload because our forward players keep setting up opposition attacks

A CB wont be a priority thats for sure, can see that rolling on for most of the window, bids lashed everywhere.

that bench is horrific. Where's half of our squad gone? We need some sort of experience to call up on, not 6 kids. We have loads of money, we don't have to splash it all on potential and wait 5 or 6 years for it to come to fruition.

Other options i suppose

Jags - finished
Barry - finished
Cleverley - dross
Kone - dross

Need i continue?

I think, long term, he's probably not the answer. I just don't see our defence as priority at the minute. They just have an extra workload because our forward players keep setting up opposition attacks

Weird Koeman name checked VVD and said Jags is in poor form though...

To me it was like he was saying we want VVD and will have a go at getting him in but if City want him we will fail.

OK look at it this way.

If city signed him or Chelsea then he would be lauded as potential top centre half right? Would he recieve the same publicity if he signed for us? Probably not, meaning he wouldn't be a statement signing. If we signed varane or whoever then that is a statement signing.

But it works both ways, cahill was lauded the same as Virgil is now and Chelsea signed him and he got next to no stament signing buzz. He has been a mainstay in their team winning titles and cups yet was never Tje statement signing for them as he stepped up a level.

So if Virgil came here, it would be seen as a sideways step and therefore not the statement signing the op originally believes.

Cahill (if i remember correctly) was solid at Bolton and Chelsea signed him as a squad player on a free contract.

VVD is now considered as one of (if not the) best centre back in the league. The media have put out articles all over the place saying that he should go to city...theres also been a piece on Koeman not bringing him to us in the summer.

On top of that, his fee would blow away our transfer record.

So;

Transfer record broken
Prems 3rd largest transfer fee for a CB
One of the (if not the) top CB in the league
Media reporting Moshiri spending money

All points to Everton are BACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back