Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you can buy a lukaku for 28m, or a niaase, Valencia and Kone for 28m

You buy VVD you get a pro en commodity in this league with minimal risk of failiure, it's why teams with loads of money do it mate, perfect world you do both ideas, but you g players and proven quality
It doesn't always guarantee the player will be right for you even at such a high price tag.

But the thing is we haven't got loads of money. We might have money to spend but even if there was money available do you think the club would actively pursue spending it all? So there won't be 50 million pound players being signed because it isn't a club policy we could possibly maintain, why sign one player for a huge amount when you could sign 4 instead?

But more to the point, it is the reason why we hired Walsh. Not to have to pay big money for players but to find good ones for less. Less money we spend the more goes into the club and thus more chance of the club as a whole progressing. So for arguments sake we signed Gueye for 7 million rather than Kante for 30. Not suggesting we would have had a chance signing Kante but purely an example of a player similar to the expensive one but just as important in the team.

Sevilla have proven a dof can do it year on year when they do their job properly . And for arguments sake look at some of the players we could be linked with, kone, Keane, dyke, how much did they cost before the big money moves? Thst is how as a club we progress. Not signing 50 million pound flavour of the months but signing them before they are worth it and having a team worth 50 million in each position.

And for scouting? Furmhino was spoken highly in here by a few including davek before liverpool bought him, a year or so before. Mikey spoke highly of dyke before Southampton bought him. If two random forum members can pick a player out then I would hope to god our newly hired director of football can do it without spending massive money, if he does then he fails at his job. And in this market anything over 25 now is big money.

Good article in today's Times sport on Steve Walsh.

Especially liked the way the article finished:

"There are not many players in Europe I don't know about." He (Walsh) says. It is that knowledge Everton will hope to now benefit from.

Boner Time!

Also, he mentions that any player EFC go for is mutually agreed by Ronald & himself. If either says "no" that is the end of the conversation. Interesting

It doesn't always guarantee the player will be right for you even at such a high price tag.

But the thing is we haven't got loads of money. We might have money to spend but even if there was money available do you think the club would actively pursue spending it all? So there won't be 50 million pound players being signed because it isn't a club policy we could possibly maintain, why sign one player for a huge amount when you could sign 4 instead?

But more to the point, it is the reason why we hired Walsh. Not to have to pay big money for players but to find good ones for less. Less money we spend the more goes into the club and thus more chance of the club as a whole progressing. So for arguments sake we signed Gueye for 7 million rather than Kante for 30. Not suggesting we would have had a chance signing Kante but purely an example of a player similar to the expensive one but just as important in the team.

Sevilla have proven a dof can do it year on year when they do their job properly . And for arguments sake look at some of the players we could be linked with, kone, Keane, dyke, how much did they cost before the big money moves? Thst is how as a club we progress. Not signing 50 million pound flavour of the months but signing them before they are worth it and having a team worth 50 million in each position.

And for scouting? Furmhino was spoken highly in here by a few including davek before liverpool bought him, a year or so before. Mikey spoke highly of dyke before Southampton bought him. If two random forum members can pick a player out then I would hope to god our newly hired director of football can do it without spending massive money, if he does then he fails at his job. And in this market anything over 25 now is big money.

Van dirge was a gamble, that looks like its paying off for Saints.

For every Van dirge there is a Barry Ferguson.

And for every Van dirge Mikey has called there is a Leigh Griffiths.

Basically what im saying is that it isnt an exact science.

Lookman is ours?

If this article is true it probably signals no Depay just as Gana signalled no Carvalho. Memphis would be a big gamble so I wouldn't be unhappy with this.

"EVERTON have wrapped up the signing of Ademola Lookman – and prepare to bid for Saido Berahino.
Lookman is set to be Koeman's first signing of the January window in a £10million move from Charlton.
Lookman has been by far the Addicks’ best player since breaking into the first team last season and has gone on to make 48 appearances since making his debut away to MK Dons in November 2015.
Liverpool and Arsenal have both been monitoring the youngster’s progress at The Valley but the two sides have missed out on the winger as Koeman looks to bolster his attacking options.
Lookman arrived at Charlton's academy in 2014 from non-league side Waterloo FC and has since gone on to represent England at both Under-19 and Under-20 level.
It’s believed the wideman – who can also play as a striker – chose Goodison Park after being assured of first team football.
The 19-year-old will be part of the first-team squad at Goodison for the second half of the season after being identified as one of the most exciting teenagers in the country."

Van dirge was a gamble, that looks like its paying off for Saints.

For every Van dirge there is a Barry Ferguson.

And for every Van dirge Mikey has called there is a Leigh Griffiths.

Basically what im saying is that it isnt an exact science.
Haha I'm not saying Mikey is a great scout, just someone who was bigging him up before now.

Generally no I don't want the club signing these prices of players until it becomes loose change to us. I want us to sign risk players as you put it because when they pay off then instead of one or two we could have 6 or 7 over a couple of years instead. Not every player will be a hit but many big price players have proven that true as well, so any transfer is a gamble.

Haha I'm not saying Mikey is a great scout, just someone who was bigging him up before now.

Generally no I don't want the club signing these prices of players until it becomes loose change to us. I want us to sign risk players as you put it because when they pay off then instead of one or two we could have 6 or 7 over a couple of years instead. Not every player will be a hit but many big price players have proven that true as well, so any transfer is a gamble.

I wasnt having a pop at Mikey, im just saying that in every window theres vast amounts of shouts people make regarding players, so of course at some point people will call a few gems.

Anyway, ive just realised its Monday, its almost time for Hot List 4.

Gonna go scout some players ready for the list.

Yeah it's alright making that suggestion but do davek and mikey always get it right with their scouting predictions. I mean I saw mikey recommend that we sign Tierney at left back.

Anyone can throw names in the hat and claim they are great when that player turns up but to do it with consistency is the real skill. This is by no means a negative post about davek or mikey as both are very reputable posters whom I have lots of time for. However I'm just pointing out that no scout in the world can ever call something with certainty. They can only give what in their opinion works

Lookman is ours?

If this article is true it probably signals no Depay just as Gana signalled no Carvalho. Memphis would be a big gamble so I wouldn't be unhappy with this.

"EVERTON have wrapped up the signing of Ademola Lookman – and prepare to bid for Saido Berahino.
Lookman is set to be Koeman's first signing of the January window in a £10million move from Charlton.
Lookman has been by far the Addicks’ best player since breaking into the first team last season and has gone on to make 48 appearances since making his debut away to MK Dons in November 2015.
Liverpool and Arsenal have both been monitoring the youngster’s progress at The Valley but the two sides have missed out on the winger as Koeman looks to bolster his attacking options.
Lookman arrived at Charlton's academy in 2014 from non-league side Waterloo FC and has since gone on to represent England at both Under-19 and Under-20 level.
It’s believed the wideman – who can also play as a striker – chose Goodison Park after being assured of first team football.
The 19-year-old will be part of the first-team squad at Goodison for the second half of the season after being identified as one of the most exciting teenagers in the country."
If we're getting 5 in we could be after both. Especially as Bolasie is out.

Is Michael Keane keeping up good form? May be worth looking at seeing as Van Dijk looks a long shot at the moment. Would be a much cheaper alternative too.

But he isn't as good.

We're going for the best players about if the rumours are true, and Keane isn't in that bracket yet. False economy to go cheaper if we are determined to get the best

I wasnt having a pop at Mikey, im just saying that in every window theres vast amounts of shouts people make regarding players, so of course at some point people will call a few gems.

Anyway, ive just realised its Monday, its almost time for Hot List 4.

Gonna go scout some players ready for the list.
Think the firmhino one more stood out because I personally had only hears about him through here. Same as dolberg, the Spurs lad they just bought, those types.

Lookman is ours?

think the club are open to offers for deulofeu also.

Lookman is ours?

Carvalho and Witsel jogged us on, hence us making a last minute move for Sissoko, Ganas signing didnt put an end to anything and this Lookman fella is very raw, he is a +1 on the 5 we want IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back