Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed by Echo journos that from speaking to Ronald/Unsy etc their idea of a #10 is a second striker a la Gabbiadini, not the likes of a silky player like Silva. That probably rules out my dear Gylfi who I've been clamouring for for years.

Don't want Gabbiadini though, badly average and if since last summer he's still the best for the position that Walsh can come up with then he needs sacking. Fair enough as a last minute summer panic but not top target. Suspect we're not after him anymore though.

Confirmed by Echo journos that from speaking to Ronald/Unsy etc their idea of a #10 is a second striker a la Gabbiadini, not the likes of a silky player like Silva. That probably rules out my dear Gylfi who I've been clamouring for for years.

Don't want Gabbiadini though, badly average and if since last summer he's still the best for the position that Walsh can come up with then he needs sacking. Fair enough as a last minute summer panic but not top target. Suspect we're not after him anymore though.

Should be Dolberg, young, looks a brilliant talent, but not proven enough yet that the 'big boys' would bid a big amount, so possibly could steal him.

Wolfsburg are welcome to Gabbiadini.

Has done nothing since the summer, when he had an opportunity to show what he can do in the wake of Higuain's departure and Milik's injury, and plainly not taken it.

Just seems to be living off an inflated reputation and looking for a move. Seems like a guy who might make an impact for 10 games, and then slip back into cruise mode. No thanks.

I read somewhere last week that we had scouts at a Koln game, wonder if that is for Anthony Modeste? He has a good scoring record recently, but is almost 29 so that would be another no from me.

Has done nothing since the summer, when he had an opportunity to show what he can do in the wake of Higuain's departure and Milik's injury, and plainly not taken it.

Just seems to be living off an inflated reputation and looking for a move. Seems like a guy who might make an impact for 10 games, and then slip back into cruise mode. No thanks.

I read somewhere last week that we had scouts at a Koln game, wonder if that is for Anthony Modeste? He has a good scoring record recently, but is almost 29 so that would be another no from me.

thing is mate, we probably have scouts at a huge number of games every week, just most don't get reported

Modeste? Christ, he was dreadful at Blackburn.

Hopefully they were looking at Timo Horn.

The fact that Napoli could have got £20m for Gabbiadini is hilarious.

I still wouldn't mind him for around 10-13m but I feel we're not interested anymore, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back