Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said it on their latest podcast, don't think it's written down anywhere. I was disappointed to hear it, but at least it means an end to ponderous sideways passing and 'winning the possession'.

Not getting a clever passer/someone who can keep possession nicely in the attacking third seems like a one way ticket to ponderous sideways passing town. With the occasional hoof. Ah well, they know best.

Confirmed by Echo journos that from speaking to Ronald/Unsy etc their idea of a #10 is a second striker a la Gabbiadini, not the likes of a silky player like Silva. That probably rules out my dear Gylfi who I've been clamouring for for years.

Don't want Gabbiadini though, badly average and if since last summer he's still the best for the position that Walsh can come up with then he needs sacking. Fair enough as a last minute summer panic but not top target. Suspect we're not after him anymore though.
I think Gylfi could play that role.....

IF Ross goes (unlikely I think) then could well be that a player like Gylfi (we tried in the summer - might be worth another go) or dare I say Rooney might be most likely to come in. I think Gylfi can play as a second striker and do well.

I want Ross to stay, but I think we must sign some competition for the lad. We can't assume the role is just his.....

If we could just get back to Kieron Tierney for just one moment, were we actually being linked with him or did someone just pick his name out of a hat?

I ask because he's shown a lot of promise and could be a nifty buy at LB, especially if Oviedo and Garbutt might be offski in the near future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back