Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen Dolberg a few times before - he's brilliant. I hope we don't bring him in just to let him rot in our U23s, the lad is good enough for our first team right now and he's only 18.

@davek and @Eggs beat me to this one as well.

To be honest we could (and should) try for Sanchez (20 centre back) and Bazoer (20 central midfielder) as well from Ajax.

With those 2 and Dolberg we would have an entire new spine of young stars who are already more than good enough to be first choice players.

Ajax sell for the right price and I think something like this and a clearout is needed...all 3 of these guys have 'the lot'.

@davek and @Eggs beat me to this one as well.

To be honest we could (and should) try for Sanchez (20 centre back) and Bazoer (20 central midfielder) as well from Ajax.

With those 2 and Dolberg we would have an entire new spine of young stars who are already more than good enough to be first choice players.

Ajax sell for the right price and I think something like this and a clearout is needed...all 3 of these guys have 'the lot'.

...yep, there has been a link to Sanchez.

...yep, there has been a link to Sanchez.

Yeah,ive mentioned Bazoer for ages on here, not sure if youve seen him but he is a complete midfielder...can play any role in the centre and is a real competitor.

Sanchez just looks impressive, hard to judge being a centre back in Holland but he seems to be able to do everything...we were apparently keen to sign him in the summer (according to a scout who mentioned this in the media the other day) and so were Barca but he went for first team games at Ajax and we perhaps couldnt have gotten a work permit.

All three of them would massively improve us but we would need to sign them in Jan as they will have alot of offers in the summer.

Isn't the general consensus that January signings aren't necessarily good.
I am trying to think of a successful January acquisition for any club that proved a long term success.
I have no doubt that a good few signed due to desperate circumstances did the job for the second half of the season but nothing afterwards.
I am sure somebody will enlighten me otherwise but I hope we are not in a position were we have to spunk money on another Niasse.

I am trying to think of a successful January acquisition for any club that proved a long term success.
I have no doubt that a good few signed due to desperate circumstances did the job for the second half of the season but nothing afterwards.
I am sure somebody will enlighten me otherwise but I hope we are not in a position were we have to spunk money on another Niasse.

Andy Cole
Asprilla
Stones

Theres alot...

I'm not expecting several signings in January but we should certainly hope for 1-2 first-teamers.

I'll give them some leeway with everyone getting used to each other last August but I don't buy the idea that we are not an attractive proposition - it needs the club being presented in the best way and Walsh will have to take the lead.

I'm not saying we should pursue only unambitious targets either but I hope January will at least be the start of better things for signing players and that we avoid another mad TDD scramble.

As much as I'm still hopeful about things overall, the next 2 windows are going to be very defining of what Moshiri can deliver, or otherwise. There won't be room for the sort of "oh well, we tried" excuses trotted out frequently in the past.

Didn't the RS sign Suarez in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back