Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you still take him here Steve (if it were on the cards)? Personally don't think it will be, but you never know.

I'm still a huge fan of his mate, but have to say his form over the past year has been crap and thats when he's not injured which he is a lot of the time, don't think he's a Koeman style player either, not hard enough working and not fast enough for the way he likes his wingers..

Then again i'm a fan so yeah i would as he'd provide more goal threat than anyone in the team besides Lukaku

I'm still a huge fan of his mate, but have to say his form over the past year has been crap and thats when he's not injured which he is a lot of the time, don't think he's a Koeman style player either, not hard enough working and not fast enough for the way he likes his wingers..

Then again i'm a fan so yeah i would as he'd provide more goal threat than anyone in the team besides Lukaku

Yeh, just can't see him fitting in the 'high intensity' thing myself.

Think the move at the end of the window was perhaps panic more than anything else, but good to know that the money was there (Kyiv wanted £20mil IIRC and their president said they were happy with the price, just not the timing). Then again, suppose that all means very little until they sign.

Low balling them mate.....see how they like it!!

£50 mill is prob more realistic.

Out of the three, Schneiderlin for me any day. Provides legs, passing ability, good in the tackle. Perfect for filling in for Gueye and ideal as a long-term replacement for Barry/

As the lads on ToffeeTV recently said, he should be a no-brainer really.

I don't mind Depay, but not sure we need another maddeningly inconsistent winger...

The Dutch connection makes sense with Memphis, and obviously we have proved that we are in desperate need of a player like Schneiderlin.

So it is on then?

We are shopping at man united for our new players? rooney, schneirderlain and depay.

Didn't know we were planning on becoming their b team.

Out of the three, Schneiderlin for me any day. Provides legs, passing ability, good in the tackle. Perfect for filling in for Gueye and ideal as a long-term replacement for Barry/

As the lads on ToffeeTV recently said, he should be a no-brainer really.

I don't mind Depay, but not sure we need another maddeningly inconsistent winger...

Are ALL wingers not inconsistent though ??

People talking about selling big and buying small only need to look at Arteta, Pienaar, Baines, Jagielka, Lescott, Cahill and Coleman to name a few. The backbone of our team for at least the last decade between them, we basically sold the likes of Lescott (bought distin another cracking find), Rooney who went on to make a great career for himself and got us much needed cash, so if someone said to me we could sell Lukaku for £70m and bring in finds like those mentioned, couple with walsh finding mahrez, kante and such then im all for it.

do you know what, i wouldnt be averse to doing that either pal!
Just flogging a couple of our main players for really good fee's, getting rid of as much dross in the squad as possible (and there is alot).
Ripping it all up and start again from scratch!

The Echo are making a lot of noise about Depay. He worked for Koeman before right?

No he hasn't mate - as far as I'm aware.

Koeman did say that he admired him as a player though, and tried to sign him for S'ton. But then did openly question his aptitude as well IIRC, though that doesn't mean he stopped rating him.

Wasn't bad luck mate l, yeah we played brilliantly at goodison, but we got absolutely bummed everywhere in Italy, over the two games in the tie the better team went through. Revisionism at its best to think otherwise.

Moyes had no game plan whatsoever for the away leg. That cost us massively as with a bit of forward planning we really should have got an away goal and threatened them a bit. All water under the bridge now though.

do you know what, i wouldnt be averse to doing that either pal!
Just flogging a couple of our main players for really good fee's, getting rid of as much dross in the squad as possible (and there is alot).
Ripping it all up and start again from scratch!

The issue I have is that when we get smashed by a team or lose to a lower level team, everyone blames the same guys each week, fan favourites like Romelu rarely get mentioned, its always 'well if Romelu had better players around him we would of won'. I think we need to realise that if players of Romelu's class are as as good as they and the media believe, then the player in question needs to sometimes bail us out individually. See Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez and others as examples of grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck even our best friend Stevie G done it.

So if that means selling one player to bring in another 2 or 3 that compliment what the manager is trying to do then lets go for it. I find Romelu, Ross and say Bolasie offer nothing individually to help us turn 1-1 into 2-1, its always a case of when the team clicks we are hard to beat, but when the struggle gets too much the individual stars mentioned fade too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back