Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He used to be a bit of a workhorse type destroyer but is more of a footballer these days lol

In Spain every player is required to have a release clause. I wonder what his would be? Spanish clubs tend to slip up with low clauses.

The great source wiki says :

N'Zonzi signed a four-year contract with the Spanish club, which includes a €30 million (£21.5m) buyout clause

Forgetting the cleared debt and taking Walsh from the champions.

And it's clear there are things happening on the stadium front.

I'm cautiously optimistic. If we don't get signings, it won't be cos the money ain't there.
The debt is not cleared. I wish people would stop saying it was.

Well its been taken off Evertons balance sheet and lobbed onto his then, sort of. Either way, EFC Ltd, is a debt free legal entity for accounting, and ironically, borrowing purposes.

Unless I missed a meeting.
The holding company that owns 49% and rising of Everton has acquired the debt. This company has no other divisions, who do you think will be paying the debt down. Don't get me wrong, this is better than the previous arrangement but it is not "debt free".

....Adam Webster getting a mention on a rumour site from somebody claiming to be ITK;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Webster_(footballer,_born_1995)

Probably jarg but we do seem to be linked with promising youngsters. I think somebody on here has links to Ipswich, maybe @ijjysmith so they'd have more of an idea if the lad is worth a punt.
It's notable we're being linked with many promising youngsters this time unlike in summer when it was instant impact 27+yo's.
I suspect there are 3 reasons. Funds, attainability and getting our fingers badly burned with Bolasie.
With RK performing poorly thus far it may be safer to spend whatever funds there are on youth for him to develop while utilising the skills of SW that we shelled out for.

The holding company that owns 49% and rising of Everton has acquired the debt. This company has no other divisions, who do you think will be paying the debt down. Don't get me wrong, this is better than the previous arrangement but it is not "debt free".

Aware this is the transfer thread, but lets face it, its an accountancy trick, for want of a better word.

But the trick has resulted in EFC Ltd being seen as a debt free entity.

Who will pay it down? I doubt no one will. If Plan A works, it will be swapped for equity I reckon.

The debt is not cleared. I wish people would stop saying it was.

The debt has been cleared. We are no longer paying extortionate interest every year on it. There is no timetable for the debt to be repaid. The largest shareholder at the club is not going to start syphoning money out of the club any time soon, if ever. He's more likely to convert the money he loaned us into equity, enabling him to become majority owner in terms of shareholding.

Our debt has been cleared in EXACTLY the same way that Abramovich cleared Chelsea's debts when he took over them.

Doesn't matter that Moshiri has 'LOANED' us the money, he's effectively loaned himself the money because he's quite clearly going to become majority shareholder at some point. You don't speak as ambitiously as he's done and remain a 49% shareholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back